POTATO FARMING AND PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
This sample Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria can be used for Grant Applications, Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Note, Competitions etc. Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan is a lucrative business that needs a lot of strategic Planning to start and a business coach like Dayo Adetiloye to help you start the Implementation.
Business Description of Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
Business: POTATO FARMING AND PROCESSING
Industry: Agriculture (Potato Farming and Processing Business plan in Nigeria)
PATILAD Potato Farms is standard and registered commercial farm that will be based in kajola, Ondo State. We produce fresh potatos, potato flakes, French fries and other products. We produce high quality potato that could be consumed fresh in the form of mashed potatos, potato pancakes, potato soup, potato salad, etc. PATILAD Potato Farms also involve in the production of high quality seedlings to meet local and international needs for the purpose of re-planting. We are investing in the critical enabling components that will ensure the long-term sustainability of the industry. We own 1200 hectares of potato field and 10 hectares ready for processing facility in Ondo. We have also reached an agreement with several food technologies to supply our French fries and potato flakes.
Nigeria is the fourth biggest producer of potato in Sub-Saharan Africa with a production yield of about 843.000 tonnes per year. Because of an inadequate supply of good quality seeds, inadequate storage facilities, poor diseases and pest management the average yield (3.1 ton / hectare) in Nigeria is the lowest in Sub-Saharan Africa. The usage of modern agriculture technics and equipment will boost the productivity of the Nigerian potato value chain. There are proven practical technics that potato yields of 25 ton / hectare and more are possible to harvest on the Plateau area. The explosive demand for their supply is largely triggered not just by their tasty nature, but by the highly nutritious value they contain. Depending on whether it is the sweet potato or the irish potato, a medium-sized potato gives extremely low 110 calories, contains zero amounts of cholesterol, fat, sodium, and are rich in Vitamin C, Potassium, iron, Vitamin B6, and fibre.
Asides from the fact that we have secured the required farm land and most of the farm equipment and machines, we have also hired some key employees who are currently undergoing training to be able to fit into the ideal picture of the 21st century commercial banana farm workforce that we want to build. Our heavy equipment will be leased out to farmers in need of such services at a specific fee. Our storage facilities will also provide storage to other users.
Our company is being founded to grow upon an extensive array of biological and horticultural education, experience and the research of its founders, we also maintain a rigorous industry standard. With our existing 1000 tons capacity standard storage facility and the development of additional 12,000 tons capacity, the issues of storage of potato will be greatly addressed. PATILAD Potato Farm is proposing a 5000kg/hr capacity factory for the production of high quality French fries. We produce, process and package to meet requirements of the standard organization of Nigeria as well as NAFDAC.
The benefits of our products and services are
- The cultivation and sales of healthy and fresh Potatoes.
- All year round availability in high commercial volume
- Improve access to potato farm through digital delivery.
- Excellent customer care services.
- Fair and lowest possible prices.
Our products and services
PATILAD Potato Farms is a standard farm that is committed to cultivating organic and non-organic potato for both Nigeria’s market and the global market. We are in business to produce food and raw materials for people and industries in commercial quantities. We produce high quality potato that could be consumed fresh in the form of mashed potatoes, potato pancakes, potato soup, potato salad, etc. PATILAD Potato Farms also involve in the production of high quality seedlings to meet local and international needs for the purpose of re-planting. We are investing in the critical enabling components that will ensure the long-term sustainability of the industry. Below are our products and services:
- Cultivation and sale of fresh potatoes
- Sale of potato flakes, French fries and other processed products.
- Standard food processing facility.
- Leasing of equipment and storage facilities to farmers.
- Supplier of high quality seedlings to farmers.
- Delivery services
Keys to Success
The keys to success for the Potato Farming and processing business include:
- Low operating cost and efficient processing techniques.
- Ensuring an efficient and highly motivated distribution team.
- Maintenance of Hygienic, safe and human friendly processing facility.
- Acquire necessary regulatory licence for our farm.
- Offer consistently quality processed products.
Objective for Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
- To produce 400,000 tonnes per annum of high quality potato in the first year of operation.
- To maintain profit margins at 20-25% through close attention to expenses and cost of peanut production.
- To supply enough potatoes to individual consumers, fast food restaurants, hotels and industries in Nigeria and other African countries.
- To develop a sustainable farm, surviving off its own cash flow.
- To produce 50,000 tons of French fries and potato flakes in the first year of operation.
Goal for the Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
To be the highest suppliers of high quality seedlings to other farmers and become a major player in the Agricultural/Manufacturing sector.
Vision for the Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
Our vision is to become one of the leading potato farm and potato processing and packing brand not just in Nigeria but also on the global stage.
Mission for the Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
To ensure that we supply enough potatoes to individual consumers, fast food restaurants, hotels and industries in Nigeria and other African countries.
Management Team of the Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
OKEOWO Shola – he is highly knowledgeable in Potato Farming business. He has over 7 years’ experience in the industry. He has a B.sc and Master’s Degree in Agricultural Science from Yaba College of Technology, Lagos. He will be in-charge of day to day activities of the business.
Mr Dayo Adetiloye – (B. Agric., MBA, and PMP): He has over 15 years’ experience in business management, business start-up dynamics, financial management of business and overall business growth and development. He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan African University (PAU). He is our business development strategist and a strategic partner.
We brought to the business:
- Educational skill and practical experience in Potato Farming and Processing
- Capacity to consistently provide outstanding service.
- Quality processed product and good understanding of the market trend.
- Our staff brings operational, marketing and promotional skills to the business.
Management experience gained for the Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
With over 10 years’ experience in Agricultural Industry and numerous exposure to both the scientific and practical aspect of services, I’ve being able to master the technical requirements, financial management, staff recruitment and organization skills among other things necessary to give the industry good commendation from our clients.
My managerial skill has also helped in putting together a workforce for over 5 years, which will also help me to coordinate the team work in most aspect of the company.
I am the CEO of the company overseeing the day to day activities of the business.
Materials and Machine for Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
One large greenhouse, tractor, Industrial generator, planter/fertilizer applicator, shed forklift, delivery truck, office building, scales, office equipment, processing machines, grader, digger/harvester, hiller, spray equipment, etc.
Competitor Analysis for Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
People buy from us because of the following reasons:
- All year round availability of high quality potatoes.
- Fresh and highly hygienic products.
- Effective customer care service.
- Fair and best possible prices and discount offers.
Our three major competitive advantages are:
- All year round availability of high quality potatoes.
- Fresh and highly hygienic products.
- Fair and best possible prices and discount offers
For the remaining part of this business Plan, including the detailed financial analysis, call me on 08105636015 or 08076359735 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We help institutions and organizations to write concepts and implement Business Plan and also train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, strong and winning business Plan for any use.
Call me on: 08105636015, 08076359735
or Send me an email at: email@example.com.
Click here to access my free E-book and newsletter on Grants opportunities in Nigeria and other business opportunities and information to help you discover, develop and fulfil your business potential
BUSINESS CONSULTANT- AUTHOR - SPEAKER - SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR - BUSINESS COACH
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- 25 Key Considerations Before Answering the 2017 YouWiN Connect Stage 2 Online Training Programme. - December 6, 2017
- ONION FARMING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA - December 4, 2017
- Meet the 14 2017 Inspire Africa Train-The-Trainer Fellows and Facilitators - November 27, 2017