25 BUSINESSES YOU CAN COMBINE WITH YOUR JOB IN NIGERIA
Being fully employed is a typical Nigerian dream. It’s no wonder the average Nigerian is actively in search of good paying jobs. It’s true everyone has career expectations and dreams, still, no matter how rewarding your full time job may be, it will definitely have its down sides as you may not be able to fully express your career potentials maximally. You may also need to make more money than your job can offer. The world’s highest earners are entrepreneurs, so taking the step to be able to control and increase you net earnings is highly recommended.
There are so many options for side hustling in Nigeria. It’s up to you to decide on the kind of business to run. So, let’s run through some business ideas that can take you to the next level as far as entrepreneurial pursuits are concerned. You won’t need to quit your job to pursue any of these businesses, as they are flexible and quite easy to start.
1. Graphic design. If you’ve got a formal training and experience in graphic design, this is your thing. Graphic design business has easy entry and flexibility. And if you don’t already have a good background in graphic design, you can easily learn the foundations of graphic design on your own. Tools like stencil and visme, which make it really easy for anyone with keen interest in graphic design to learn graphic design basics. This business needs skills and creativity, which if you possess, will help push more jobs and invariably add to your net income.
2. Web design. Web designers are hot cake these days, as all sorts of businesses and companies are constantly on the look out for sound web designers to help design their websites and help enhance overall online presence. There are always new websites popping up, in need of professional web design. For the learner, there are so many online courses available to help brush you up and expose you to web design techniques and basics.
4. Poultry farming. If you have a flair for agriculture, you can consider going into poultry farming business. If you don’t already have experience in this field, you’ll need to run a Research on how to start a poultry farming business in Nigeria. Write a business plan, and then begin to recruit experienced staff. Poultry farming business can easily be managed while being fully employed.
5. Blogging. Running a blog is a relatively easy business to start. Find out how to start your own blog in Nigeria. You can make lots of easy sweet money from blogging, through affiliate marketing and targeted ads. Prepare rich content and updates for your blog. Learn how to drive traffic to your blog, and you’re good to go.
6. Ebooks. If you have knowledge or expertise in any particular field, packaging your skills and knowledge into a downloadable eBook that delivers value to those seeking to acquire new skills, start businesses or even advance their careers is a great idea.Check out how to sell ebooks online. Put in serious work and efforts with your eBook writing. Build on the right audience to target and start building a marketing strategy around this business idea. And soon, you’ll start generating huge income to complement your monthly salary.
7. Social media influencing. With a strong social media presence and good following, you can easily become a social media influence. As a social media influence, you’ll charge your clients a particular amount per post. So, with hundreds of thousands of followers, big companies may want to approach you to help promote their business. This makes for a very profitable side business in Nigeria.
8. Online tutoring. If you’ve got something you’re skilled at and are passionate about, you can easily turn this into a money making avenue by offering your services as an online tutor. Find out how to hone your skills and experience into online tutoring as a side business. Search the internet for websites that have job openings for online tutors, sign up and get started. It’s really easy.
9. Podcasting. Podcast business is a very viable side hustle business for anyone at all who is interested. Find out how you can start your own podcasting business in Nigeria. If you can create a regular audience for your podcast on a specific topic, this is a great way to make money. Also find out how to make money from podcasting as a side business idea in Nigeria.
10. E-commerce. E-commerce is another perfect side business you can combine with your job. Sites like Amazon and eBay are top on the list. Luckily, anyone can sell on Amazon, so long as you’ve got something to sell. You can buy the products from Amazon at a lower price, then resell. Other e-commerce sites like Jumia, konga and jiji are also available and open for your e- marketing.
11. Affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing involves selling other people’s stuff on their behalf. It is quite easy and simple to run. There are so many businesses in need of affiliate marketers,hook up with them and start gaining commissions for your marketing efforts.
12. Pet breeding. Pet breeding business in Nigeria is a really cool side hustle business idea with huge rewards. Find out how to start a pet breeding business. You may need to hire staff for your startup. Once you develop a rigorous marketing strategy, you’re ready for business.
13. Social media manager. Lots of companies, most especially startups, or those in retail business are constantly in need of people to help build their brands online. You can find these type of job openings on sites like Flexjobs and CareerBuilder. Build your own social media following and create a personal brand for yourself, countless business opportunities will come your way.
14. Property manager. You can easily take up property management as a side hustle in Nigeria. Simply by helping people manage their properties. No capital whatsoever is required and it is quite flexible and easy to run.
15. Real estate. Here’s another great side business idea for hustlers in Nigeria. And it pays well. With no capital required at all. Becoming a real estate agent is really cool and will help you develop your marketing skills.
16. Photography. Are you skilled in the art of photography? If yes, starting a freelance photography business could be the best way to turn your skills and passions into a profitable business idea. Wedding photographers particularly command higher demand and charge heavily. This is a side business idea that can easily blossom into a full time business endeavor.
17. App development. There’s an app for almost everything you can think of these days. You can spot a niche that hasn’t been fully explored to work with, and with God on your side, you could become very rich with this side business idea in Nigeria. These days, it’s even possible to build an app without any coding skills whatsoever. Find out how you can build an app without coding skills and start making mega money.
18. Buy and sell domain names. Domain name trading business in Nigeria has a lot for potential and offers you a good business you can run on the side while fully employed. There are plenty of domain names you can acquire for relatively cheap selling prices. GoDaddy is the world’s largest and most famous repository of domain names. You can look it up. This business has a lot of possibilities. Just imagine owning domain names for the decade’s most innovative companies!
19. Data analysis. If you’re good with figures and are a good data analyst. You should probably consider turning your skills into a money making venture. Good data analysts are in high demand in Nigeria, in almost every sector you can think of, particularly Research and Development centres and higher institutions. Lots of companies need the skill of people who are good at data analysis, so, you can make this a side business for your hustling endeavors.
20. Freelance writing. Every website owner hires writers to write content for things like about pages, FAQs, or blog posts. So, if you’re skilled in writing and have a flair for subject matter writing, freelance writing would best suit your skill set.
21. Start a YouTube channel. YouTube video makers are making a lot of money from their videos. Yeah, spending time on YouTube can be a lucrative business idea if taken seriously. If you can create value- driven and entertaining video content and grow your subscriber base to a few thousand subscribers, your videos can start generating a lot of income from all the ads and number of views you get. So, with the right combination of content, skills, audience and timing, this side business idea can set you up financially for life.
22. Freelance contracts. Freelance or online subcontracting involves doing inside sales( booking freelance contracts with high-value clients) and then subcontracting your work out to freelancers. This business is guaranteed for fat revenue generation, with so much possibilities and opportunities to tap into.
23. Event planning. Becoming an event planner can also be a smart move for a side business idea. Find out how you can run a part-time event planning business at home as a side business idea, and get started.
24. Modelling. So many online sites are involved in active recruitment of models. If you can model and are ready for the haul, and also don’t mind the attention and publicity that comes with it, why not try modelling as a side business? It can prove a very exciting and fun side business idea and would certainly open you up to bigger opportunities. With the right attitude and looks of course, you’re sure to keep smiling to the bank!
25. Computer repairs. Yes, the good old computer repairing business in Nigeria is a perfect side business to combine with your job, for employed techies who desire extra side income. If you’re skilled in computer repairs, what are you waiting for? You can even decide to provide home services for Clients.
There are so many great businesses out there you can combine with your jobs in Nigeria, you can add yours. Hope this article was helpful?