5 LEADING RECRUITMENT METHODS IN NIGERIA
The leading recruitment methods in Nigeria are not a difficult process to understand and Master for a fresh graduate.
This are the leading recruitments methods being employed by Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters) in Nigeria.
1. Referrals: It is a widely-known fact that Nigeria is a country where what matters the most is the C-word ‘connection’, that is, whom you know or rather who knows you, it works like this in various sectors of the country starting from education-getting admitted to higher institution, politics- landing a political appointment, etc.
This is particularly applicable to getting recruited for a job position, if you are fortunate to be known by a prominent figure in the company you are applying to or maybe you even have an uncle who knows the brother of the MD’s wife, then that ends the discussion. You will get the job.
The summary is, if you have the right connection, getting referred for a job position is so easy.
Employers often have preference for referred candidates because they have a recommendation in advance from one of the company’s employee. This is also so because they believe that employees of the company have an eye for the kind of candidate needed for the position.
Referrals also reduces the hiring cost and eliminates getting spam applications from unqualified candidates.
2. Social Media Networking websites are fantastic ways Nigerian recruiters now use to catch their ideal employees. Certain social media network serves more as professional websites than being a mere social network. They make it incredibly easy for recruiters to scout their ideal candidates from the enormous crowd of job seekers. On top of this list is LinkedIn; Other reliable alternatives are AngelList, Xing, Plaxo, Meetup, Beyond.com, Data.com, Connect, NetParty, Jobcase and a myriads of other networks.
Professional websites make it very easier for recruiters to fill in some very hard-to-fill positions. LinkedIn for example gives candidates the opportunity to write out the qualifications and certifications, area of expertise and experience etc. This makes it quite easy for recruiters to easily identify their potential employees as they work on readymade data and targeted candidates rather than toiling with junks of CVs sent by unqualified candidates.
3. Job portals and company websites: This is the fastest and most assessable means employed by recruiters. Nigerian Recruiters just post jobs opportunities on portals like jobberman.com, hotnigerianjobs.com, myjobmag.com, ngcareers.com, nigerianjobportal.com, careers24.com
4. Walk-In Applications: Several employers in Nigeria still uses the antique methods of recruiting employees. This works especially for small employers: They place their signpost on the window and any interested fellow just walks in. This method is quite crude and outdated because high-paying companies will not think of using this method.
5. Anonymous Recruitment: Some companies also prefer to hide their identities during recruitment processes. This is to aid objectivity and confidentiality. This is so because when certain brands especially popular and reputable brands such as the Nigerian Breweries, Konga or MTN puts up a position to be filled, candidates from all over the country will be attracted. Everyone wants to work for the best company. Qualified and unqualified candidates apply which leads to resources wastage; To avoid this, hot brands just hire recruiting agencies who keeps their identity unrevealed.
This is when you see job ads by a nameless organization with CVs to be sent to an HR company. This is to streamline applicants and screen only qualified candidates. Also, there are times average brands choose to remain anonymous in a bid to attract the best and suitably qualified candidates. This method of recruitment also known as Outsourcing.
6. Online assessment and online aptitude tests: Lots of companies also prefer to use online assessment methods to choose the suitable candidates for a position, there are positions that requires candidates with a particular kind of personalities, online assessments help to weed to get such candidates.
While you can get friends or group of friends to help you with aptitude tests set by your employer, you cannot get them to answer for you while answering a personality assessment test. Likewise you cannot know the exact kind of candidate your employer is looking forward to employ, all you can do is guess which means you can be wrong, so your best shot is to be honest.
Examples of Online personality assessment and aptitude tests platforms are
Proctor.andela.com for andela recruitment.
These are few leading recruitment methods in Nigeria.
These are few of the top recruitment methods being employed by employers, did we miss out any one? Please write them out in the comment box below.
We help Fresh Graduate to write CV, review CV and improve their CV for Just N10,000.
Call any of our business consultant on 08060779290 or send email to Dayohub@gmail.com.
Latest posts by DayoHub (see all)
- All The Educators Must Be Trained To Do Proper First Aid - October 9, 2018
- Bulletproofing Your Family Against Financial Crises Step-by-step Roadmap To Having All The Money You Need, Forever - October 8, 2018
- Advantages of Having a Blog In Nigeria - October 2, 2018