Academy For Women Entrepreneurs DreamBuilder Programme 2019-2020
Deadline: 5pm Friday, 26 July 2019.
The Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is a White-House initiative designed to empower at least 50 million women worldwide by 2025 to fulfill their economic potential, and in doing so, create conditions for increased stability, security, and prosperity for all.
The DreamBuilder Programme is an AWE inclusive training programme and community that equips women with the practical skills needed to create investable & sustainable businesses. The programme is open to aspiring and startup female entrepreneurs in the Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM), Commercial & Creative fields and will provide education resources, foster networks that support access to funding & mentorship, and connect women through existing exchange programs.
HOW IT WORKS:
The programme will run from August 2019 to May 2020 in five cities; Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Bloemfontein & Durban at a central venue during the work week twice a month from 9am – 1pm (Final dates to be provided to selected participants).
Session 1 – Programme Orientation
Session 2 – Starting Your Dream
Session 3 – Exploring Your Dream
Session 4 – Planning Your Dream
Session 5: Making Your Dream
Session 6: Marketing Your Dream
Session 7: Pricing and Profiting from Your Dream
Session 8: Selling Your Dream
Session 9: Financing Your Dream
Session 10: Keeping Track of Your Dream
Session 11: Business Pitching
Session 12: Personal Branding & Networking
Session 13: Graduation
BEFORE YOU APPLY:
You have to meet the following criteria:
1. Aspiring full time female entrepreneur with a viable business idea or startup women entrepreneurs in the STEM, Commercial or Creative fields
2. 21-35 years old
3. South African citizen or legal resident
4. Must be able to commit to the full programme & attend workshops from August 2019 – May 2020 (twice a month, in the work week from 9am-1pm)
5. Must live and be able to travel to the training venue In Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Bloemfontein or Durban
***Please note that you cannot apply for this programme if you are in full time employment or seeking full time employment.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm Friday, 26 July 2019. Selected candidates will be notified on 5 August 2019.
Brought to you by DreamGirls Academy, an implementing partner of the US Embassy’s Academy of Women Entrepreneurs
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- Female Founders Accelerator 2019 for Female Entrepreneurs (250k Prize) - October 21, 2019
- Atlas Corps Fellowship 2020 for The World’s Top Social Change Leaders (Fully Funded to United States) - October 21, 2019
- Yale Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2020 (Fully Funded to Yale University, USA) - October 17, 2019