APP Student Venture Prize 2019 for Nigerian Students (₦1 Million Prize)
Application Closes: November 10, 2019.
APP Student Venture Prize is designed to empower the most advanced entrepreneurial ventures by Nigerian undergraduate students. It supports individual students who have identified a significant opportunity, and whose ventures have the potential to create “impact at scale”. The prize is agnostic with respect to what sectors or industries ventures are working in, or even whether they are commercial, social, or have blended approaches. The essential thing is that a student/group of students (max team no. 4) has identified an opportunity or challenge and is thinking big about how to solve it. APP Students Venture Prize is intended to help them accelerate and scale those solutions. Winners will receive prize money, critical mentorship, and access to top business leaders in Nigeria and beyond.
Prize Money – Grand winner(s) will win 1,000,000 in prize money that is designed to help them launch their high-impact ventures into the world. Two first runner up will share 500, 000 consolation prize.
A Network of Support – Prize winners will have access to a deep and knowledgeable roster of mentors, industry contacts, and experienced entrepreneurs to give them support and assistance.
Business School in a Workshop – All our finalists will make it to a boot camp for intense training on different aspect of practical business education; understanding the business environment, defining customer cluster, business plan/proposal that convert, building a team, leveraging digital, scaling and even more.
To be eligible for this prize
- You must be an undergraduate in an accredited Tertiary Institution in Nigeria (proof required).
- You must have a viable and scalable business idea or an existing business.
- You must be the sole owner of the business.
- You must be willing and available to move into and reside in the “APP VENTURE STUDENT PRIZE BOOTCAMP VENUE” in Calabar for the duration of one week if shortlisted.
- You must be willing and able to peacefully coexist with the other finalists during the Bootcamp.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
For more info visit APP Student Venture Prize
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- French Government Challenge of 1,000 for African Entrepreneurs 2020 - November 21, 2019
- Book Review/How to Buy it: The Winning Streak: 40 Proven Secrets on How I Raise Money for my Business and How You Can Do the Same. By Mene Blessing. - November 20, 2019
- Apply for Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 (Fully Funded to UK) - November 20, 2019