Apply for ₦1 million MWFAAN Beyond School Community Challenge 2019
Deadline: August 10, 2019.
The BSCC is an initiative of The Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Association of Nigeria in collaboration with United States Mission to develop entrepreneurial mindsets of young people between 13-18 who are predominantly in public and private secondary schools across Nigeria.
The BSCC provides a platform for outstanding secondary school students to provide solutions to problems around their environment by creating community development projects. Guided by mentors and their schools, the students identify the challenge, proffer viable entrepreneurial concept to address the challenge.
The Challenge identifies top finalists annually from the pool of applications received across Nigeria by working closely with the Federal and States Ministries of Education, and the top finalists selected are invited to pitch and exhibit their entrepreneurial ideas at the National Youth Leaders’ Assembly. Winning teams are awarded with Prizes in form of project and educational grants, teacher prizes as well as certificates of recognition for both teams and their schools
Ten Finalist Teams will receive invitation to the final competition pitch of the Beyond School Community Challenge that will take place alongside the Young Leaders Assembly 2019 in Abuja Nigeria.
Top Three Winning Teams will receive the following:
- Cash grant prize of N1,000,000 will be shared amongst the winners as follows:
- N300,000 for project idea scaling for the winner
- N250,000 for project idea scaling for second place winner
- N150,000 for project idea scaling for third place winner
- N10,000 Education Grant for finalists in the 4th-10th position
- N10,000 cash prize for top winning teacher advisor
- Presentation of certificates to all teams and schools.
- Applications are open to teams and not individuals. A team must be made up of 3 students and 1 student advisor.
- Students should be currently enrolled in a secondary school in Nigeria
- Students must be aged between 13 – 18
- Past National Winning schools for the 1st 2nd and 3rd position are ineligible for this year’s nomination.
- Student advisor should be above 18 years and should either be a teaching or non-teaching staff in the school were the students are enrolled.
Teacher advisor should click on the button below to apply on behalf of their student team. Application is opened until August 10th, 2019. 11:59pm GMT +1.
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- British Council West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme Abuja - September 12, 2019
- How to buy Norland Anion Sanitary Napkin/PAD in Nigeria - September 11, 2019
- What is ULCER? and How to Cure it with Norland Mebo GI Capsule. - September 11, 2019