Apply for Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 (Fully Funded to UK)
Deadline: 21 November 5pm (GMT).
Are you a rising female entrepreneur based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa using tech to solve a local development challenge?
The International Tech Hub Network is today launching Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020. The programme will bring 15 of the continent’s most ambitious development-focused women entrepreneurs to the UK in January. If you’re based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa, you could gain access to world-class mentoring, 1:1 time with UK investors and expert training to help scale your company.
Diversity is good for business. Research by Tech Nation shows that businesses with diverse boards raise more investment and report higher turnovers.
Our programme aims to support gender inclusive economic growth with a specific focus on empowering women with the skills and connections to overcome the existing digital gender gap.
Across a three day tailored programme (20 – 22 January), participants will benefit from masterclasses, events and workshops designed to provide in-depth training on how to scale and grow their business, expand into the UK, and how best to position their purpose-driven organisations. Participants will discover the UK’s thriving tech ecosystem, exploring new opportunities for global partnerships and increased investment through peer-to-peer networking.
The agenda will include:
- Training session led by successful female tech leaders sharing their funding journey
- Masterclass event covering: protecting IP and raising offshore funding; accessing finance; scaling a purpose driven social impact business; protecting customers’ data
- Roundtable with GEP alumni addressing scaling successfully in the UK
- Tailored mentoring event with UK startups, including female founders
- Innovation tour of co-working spaces, including Google Campus
- Networking dinner with UK and African entrepreneurs
Activities will be delivered by UK tech experts and the Department for International Trade’s Global Entrepreneur Programme (GEP) Dealmakers and alumni, including prominent female tech leaders.
The programme will be delivered alongside the Africa Investment Summit, taking place in London on 20 January. We expect winners to be able to attend the Summit.
The International Tech Hub Network welcomes applications from female founders based in Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa who are using technology to tackle local issues – apply now.
Five founders from each country will be selected to join the delegation to the UK in January 2020. Find eligibility criteria and further details in the application form – deadline is 21 November 5pm (GMT).
For more info visit Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- 7 Things to do Differently as you Apply for 2020 $5000 Grant Application of Tony Elumelu Foundation for 54 African Countries. - December 12, 2019
- 18 AMAZING REASONS TO JOIN RECHARGE AND GET PAID IN YEAR 2020 - December 11, 2019
- NORLAND PRODUCT PRESCRIPTION IN NIGERIA AND HOW TO BUY THEM - December 10, 2019