Apply for €5000 Vlisco Fashion Fund for Emerging Designers and Tailors
Deadline: October 1, 2019.
The Vlisco Fashion Fund supports emerging designers and tailors in the process of establishing a career in fashion. We share knowledge, give access to an expanded network, and help emerging fashion talent with skill-strengthening and brand-development for their African fashion labels.
WHO CAN APPLY
- African fashion designers, 20-30 years of age, living in or outside Africa.
- Applicants must be able to design and sew their own clothes.
HOW THE CONTEST WORKS
Selected applicants are invited for an interview and sewing test, after which 3 candidates are chosen as finalists per country category. Those finalists are given an assignment to complete, which is judged by an international panel of fashion professionals. Seven winners are chosen, one from every country category: Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast, DRC, Ghana, and ‘Global’ which includes the rest of Africa and the diaspora.
ABOUT THE PRIZE
Vlisco Fashion Fund winners receive career funding of €5000 to invest in new equipment, to help finance the set-up of a studio, or to otherwise facilitate business growth. Each winner will also be invited to participate in professional training workshops.
Each of the winning Applicants will receive (I) investment funding of EUR 5,000 and (II) a fully catered two-week learning experience in the Netherlands at ‘Meester Coupeur’ as organized by the Central Marketing Team in the Netherlands, or, at the sole discretion of Vlisco, any other country (the “Prize”). The funding of EUR 5,000 must be invested into the business to facilitate growth. Copies of invoices related to these business investments must be sent to the local Vlisco marketing teams who will reimburse the invested amounts up to the agreed fund of EUR 5,000.
How to Apply
- Download application form below
- Fill out application form by computer, or by hand if necessary
- Prepare a portfolio of max. 8 images
- Send complete application and portfolio in 1 email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants wishing to participate in the Vlisco Fashion Fund will be asked to submit: (I) an application form which includes their personal details and personal business idea (the “Business Idea”) together with (II) their image portfolio containing 8 pictures maximum via one e-mail sent to email@example.com ultimately on the 1st of October 2019 (the “Application”). One e-mail per Applicant shall be accepted.
The application form can be found on the website www.vlisco.com/fashionfund. The Business Idea should clearly define the short and long term business goals of the Applicant and should contain a motivation explaining why he/she wishes to work with Vlisco. The total size of the Application including the attachments thereto cannot exceed 25MB.
The Applicant cannot derive any rights from the submitted Application.
For questions, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must send all documents in 1 email
- Attachments cannot exceed 25 MB
- We do not accept WeTransfer files
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed
- Apply before October 1
For more info visit VLISCO FASHION FUND
- ExxonMobil Upstream Nigeria Internship 2020 For Young Undergraduate - February 27, 2020
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships 2020 Fully Funded to UK - February 26, 2020
- HEINEKEN Africa Foundation Grant 2020 - February 26, 2020