Deadline: January 31st 2019
The Institute for the Study of Human Rights at Columbia University is currently accepting applications for the Alliance for Historical Dialogue and Accountability Fellowship (AHDA).
AHDA provides fellows with the opportunity to hone practical skills in fundraising, advocacy and leadership; to develop a deeper understanding of and engagement with the past; and to foster mutually beneficial relationships with their peers and with international and non-profit organizations based in New York and Washington, D.C.
After the ISHR selection committee conducts its selection process, it makes every effort to secure funding for shortlisted Fellows to attend the program. In certain cases where ISHR cannot secure funding, shortlisted Fellows may be asked to secure the funds needed for them to be admitted to the program.
- The Program is designed for lawyers, journalists, teachers, social workers, community organizers, artists, scholars and other human rights activists working on issues related to dealing with the past such as: transitional justice, historical dialogue, memory studies, historical justice, oral history, history education.
- Participants are selected on the basis of their previous work experience in work that deals with the past, their commitment to the human rights field, and demonstrated ability to pursue graduate-level studies. Full-time students will not be considered. Applicants who are mid-career and hold full or part-time jobs pursuing their advocacy efforts are preferred.
- Fellows must work in the country and/or region where they live. Fluency in English is required. Fellows must provide proof of institutional endorsement in English from their organizations for their participation in the Program and must commit to returning to that organization upon completion of the Program. The program lasts a full academic semester, from late August to mid-December, and fellows are required to be in residence in New York City for this period.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Institute for the Study of Human Rights.
Latest posts by DayoHub (see all)
- Explicit Success’ Services Offerings and Services - February 17, 2019
- Vacancy: Accounting Job Opportunity At Magboro, Ogun State. Apply Now! - January 31, 2019
- Top 5 Budget Destinations You Should Consider For Your Next Travel - January 26, 2019