GTBANK DUSTY MANUSCRIPT INITIATIVE TO EMPOWER NIGERIAN
It’s not enough to write, every written work needs to be read because the essence of telling a story on paper is for people to read and learn from it.
With a thousand and one fabulous writers in Nigeria, only a small fraction gets the chance to publish their works, either because they abandon it at some point or do not have a publisher to get it out. This is why GTBank has taken up the Dusty Manuscript initiative to empower Nigerian writers. The idea is to get writers to tell and sell their stories across the globe because it’s high time to dust off those manuscripts and get them published.
The Dusty Manuscript Contest features a two-day book writing and marketing boot-camp for the top 25 long-listed authors. To be selected, writers are required to submit novels that depict Crime and Romance in an innovative way that sheds light on the Nigerian culture.
Entries will be judged by top authors and will be based on writing prowess, interpretation and style of writing, level of interest to the general public on the subject matter, potential commercial success of the book among other criteria.
- Word count: 25,000 minimum word count
- Submissions should be adult fiction (in the sense of not being ‘children’s fiction’).
- The use of Nigerian slangs and expressions are allowed.
- The manuscript must be new in the sense that it is unpublished* in book form.
- Eligible participants should have at least one parent born in Nigeria who holds citizenship of the same.
- All entries must be submitted via online via csr.gtbank.com/dustymanuscript
- One entry per person
NOTE: No entry fee is required
Formatting Guidelines for Manuscript
- Submitted as a PDF or Word file (.doc and .docx)
- Twelve-point font, double-spaced
- All pages should be numbered and should contain the manuscript title.
- Author’s name should not be present anywhere on the manuscript.
- First Place: N1,000,000 + publishing contract with Kachifo Ltd
- Second Place: N500,000 + publishing contract with Kachifo Ltd
- Third Place: N250,000 + publishing contract with Kachifo Ltd
- The remaining shortlisted books with the exception of the top 3 will get their books e-published by OkadaBooks.
- Top 25 shortlisted authors receive a two-day bootcamp training on writing, marketing and branding.
Submission date; February 5th – March 15, 2018
Submission portal closes at 12:00 a.m. midnight (CST) on March 15, 2018.
The long-list will be announced in May 2018
Bootcamp and announcement of shortlist will be announced in May 2018
Announcement of Top three will be announced in June 2018
To submit your story, click HERE
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ for SME Loop.
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by DayoHub (see all)
- World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020 (Paid Internship) - December 11, 2019
- Guide For Starting A Finance Business In Nigeria - December 3, 2019
- 25 Thriving Opportunities In Oil And Gas Industry in Nigeria - December 3, 2019