Invitation for Fashion Workshop and Mentoring Programme 2014 .
The British Council is pleased to invite applications from emerging Nigerian fashion designers to take part in a year-long mentoring programme that will bring together a range of designers, practitioners and institutions from across Nigeria and the UK to explore new ways of working through a range of workshops, showcasing opportunities and networking sessions between 2014 and 2015.
The programme will connect fashion designers to other creative sectors, provide access to mentoring through a dedicated network of experts within Nigeria and the UK and develop skills of emerging fashion designers in the following areas:
- Technical delivery & business development
- Brand Identity
- Innovative approaches
- Designers must be aged between 18 – 35 at the date applications are due
- Designers must have been working as designers in the industry for a minimum of two (2) years and a maximum of five (5) years
- Designers should have designed at least one (1) collection and be able to send sample sketches of their work and samples of finished garments with their applications. Samples should be sent electronically
- Designers must have at least one existing sales point within the Nigerian fashion retail eco system
How do we define a designer?
- Someone who has successfully produced clothing items or a range of fashion accessories
- Someone who has already started selling their own collections in reasonable commercial quantities to a targeted audience
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional
- Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer sponsored by US Consulate Lagos
- Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.