Female Founders Accelerator 2019 for Female Entrepreneurs (250k Prize)
Application ends on 10th Novemeber, 2019.
The Female Founder Accelerator is a 12 month program designed to identify, train, mentor and fund the next generation of Africa’s female entrepreneurs. This year event will shortlist 30 female small business owners for the 12-month business support event, with 4 of the female entrepreneurs winning a grant of =N=250,000 each.
Successful candidates will be presented at The Female Founders Accelerator 2019 event on November 16, 2019 to commemorate the International Annual Woman Entrepreneurship day.
The primary objective of the 12-month program is to empower the next generation of female entrepreneurs. We are aimed at entrenching entrepreneurship in Africa by helping the small scale female business owners succeed in their business ventures. We want to train them, mentor them, help them source finances and where possible, investments for their businesses. We want to create a platform that will serve as spring board for the small scale female business owners in Nigeria.
The Female Founders Accelerator is an initiative of Metrowoman Empowerment Foundation in conjunction with CreditPRO Business Support Services Ltd. and Soar & Heritage, an SME focussed business training platform.
- Opportunity to win =N=250,000.00 in business grant
- 12 sessions of hands on class room training on entrepreneurship
- 12 months free mentorship from experienced business mentors
- Access to up to N2m working capital loan
- Chance to pitch your business to a room of investors
- Free media publicity for the female entrepreneurs
- This year event will focus on the under listed businesses:
I. HAIR AND BEAUTY
III. FASHION AND DESIGN
IV. INTERIOR DÉCOR
V. EVENT PLANNING
- Years in operations: Up to 2 years.
- Applicant’s age: 18 – 40 years old.
- Business must have been registered with CAC at the point of application
- Start-ups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Click on the link to fill out your information and upload your business plan.
- Qualified female business owners apply by completing the business plan form online
- Our Business Plan Review Panel shortlists the best business plans
- Shortlisted candidates are interviewed through telephone conversations
- 30 successful candidates are shortlisted and contacted
- Successful candidates are announced at the Founders’ Forum event on November 16, 2019
- 4 female entrepreneurs are awarded a grant of =N=250,000 each at the event
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- How to Buy Norland GI Vital Softgel formally Mebo Gi for Curing Ulcer, Cancer etc in Nigeria - November 11, 2019
- My Mentor’s Book on How to Win Grants and Raise Funds is out! - November 10, 2019
- GrowthAfrica Accelerator 2020 for African Entrepreneurs (Fully Funded) - November 7, 2019