HOW TO BECOME A SEO EXPERT IN NIGERIA Search engine optimization experts are responsible for more than half the traffic on a average website, bringing in about 51 percent of a site’s visitors. Considering that sites which manage to secure the top five positions on the SERPs receive an estimated 67.6% of clicks, it is clear that earning a top rank can have tremendous benefits for your business. As an SEO expert, you will play a vital role in helping companies build their businesses and attract new customers through web traffic. Becoming an SEO expert however generally requires a strong understanding of SEO, including how to do it, the latest best practices and furthermore, how to measure your results.
This of course could seem overwhelming to many. And still, it is very possible to actually begin the journey to becoming an SEO expert in Nigeria from the comfort of your home.
Want to know how? Just keep reading.
Get familiar with Google
Google has produced a 32-page guide covering SEO best practices. Their Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide will offer you a better insight into what Google itself says is important for websites that want to improve their ranking. It is also a great idea for you to familiarize yourself with the field by subscribing to a number of online publications on SEO practices. There are also a number of helpful blogs that can supplement your learning.
Website design and development
To become an expert in SEO, you will need, at the minimum a basic understanding of HTML and the components of a web page. You can learn Web design taking classes offered by Alison online.
The following classes are best suited for newbies
- Web page development: learn all the basic language needed to create and style webpages, such as HTML, cascading style sheets etc.
- Web page design using HTML5 and CSS3 style sheets.
Love for numbers
You somehow one way or the other, have to be extra familiar with numbers to become an SEO expert. Numbers and metrics are your key to become an SEO expert and understanding how people behave on your site, what interests them, and how your SEO efforts are impacting the business.
To start, become hooked to Google Analytics. This will help you uncover better patterns, to better understand your demographics and so on.
Check out The Google Analytics Academy. All the courses offered on this platform will really help you in gaining more insight on SEO metrics and how you can use numbers go create a more effective campaign.
As you continue to progress in your SEO training, it will be useful getting certified as an SEO expert to help boost your profile. There are a number of online learning platforms that you can actually enrol in to get you more firmly established in your SEO career. You will not only get to become a pro but also get to bag great credentials which will be very useful to you in this digital age. Use sites like BrightEdge.com
You have to learn the ins and outs of PPC services. Nowadays, many businesses in Nigeria are now introducing PPC as an integral part of their marketing plan.
Following are some good options for learning PPC;
Google AdWords: The AdWords Fundamental Study Guide is an online platform designed for those intending to get AdWords certified. You can also use it as a beginner to learn AdWords basics.
Bing Ads: For you to become a SEO expert, you need to be able to explore all learning options. And while people may argue that Bing AdWords are better than Google AdWords, nonetheless you have to make sure that you’re well grounded as far as AdWords go. Just like Google, Bing has developed a training package with a pathway to become a Bing Ads Accredited Professional.
Content creation and optimization
Another area of study you need to go into is content marketing. Having a top notch marketing program is necessary to ensure you can have organic success.
Take up these courses to develop your content marketing skills.
- The strategy of content marketing. In this course you will learn how to develop, organise and implement a content marketing strategy
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification. In this course you will learn how to implement scalable processes for creating and promoting content that will build traffic and convert leads.
Learn about local SEO
You can take up the following courses to help you;
- The Ultimate Guide to Local SEO Ranking. This course takes you through the processes involved for staying visible on the web
- Where to Get Citations. This is a guide for anyone who wants to learn how to build and earn citations.
- How to Do a Local SEO Audit in 30 minutes.
Learn how to create links
To learn how to build links perfectly, read the following;
- Illustrated Guide to Link Building. This will show you how, when and why you should use each link building technique to gain actual and desirable results from your SEO efforts.
- SEO Link Building basics
Google Penalty recovery
There are a lot of erroneous information concerning Google penalties. With the most common being; mistaking an algorithm for a penalty.
You should take time to study and master factors that lead to and can actually result in Google penalties.
The algorithm used in ranking search results are constantly changing and even the best practices will still need to be adjusted with any occurent change. Thus, the only way to stay on top of the ever-changing system is to focus on learning more everyday in your journey to becoming an SEO expert.
Was this article resourceful?
Latest posts by DayoHub (see all)
- Executive Summary of Secondary School Business Plan in Nigeria - January 17, 2019
- Executive Summary of Event Centre Business Plan in Nigeria - January 17, 2019
- Executive Summary of Multimedia Business Plan in Nigeria - January 17, 2019