ICMR/AU-STRC Health Practitioners Capacity Building Scheme 2019
Guidance for ICMR/AU-STRC Health Practitioners/Researchers Capacity Building Scheme (Training Courses in India 2019)
The ICMR/AU-STRC Health Sciences Cooperation is developed in response to the outcome of the landmark India Africa Forum Summit (IAFS) III, October 2015 that was hosted by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
This Cooperation is set up to leverage resources through innovative inter-disciplinary, multi-sectoral partnerships to capitalize on regional diversity and complementary strengths to enable and nurture an ecosystem that has a strong impact on transforming the health standards of the population. To guide and institutionalize this cooperation, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the African Union Scientific, Technical and Research Commission (AU-STRC) on the 27th March, 2019. To this effect, ICMR/AU-STRC Health Practitioners and Researchers Capacity Building Scheme is designed to build the capacity of approx. 400 African health practitioners and researchers over a period of 3years.
To achieve this scheme’s objectives, ICMR in collaboration with AU-STRC has embarked on
training of the African researchers at some of the ICMR institutes in India.
Guidelines Governing the Training
- The individual availing this training would be addressed as an ICMR /AU-STRC
- The training will be conducted in English;
- The Fellow will be entitled to a stipend of Rs.2, 500/- per day.
- Subsidized institutional guest-house accommodation will be provided to the trainee
during his/her sanctioned period of training.
- The Fellow will be entitled to air travel (both ways) in economy class excursion air fare by shortest route.
- The Fellow should have the valid visa and overseas health insurance cover (both are to be obtained by him/her) before coming to India. The cost of visas and overseas health insurance cover are not refundable.
- The Fellow should submit a final work report (within 4 weeks after completion of training) on the training undertaken in the Indian laboratory/institute. (as per Format),
- A final report evaluating the performance of the Fellow by the Head of the Indian institute should also be submitted. (as per Format)
Generic Selection Criteria
- The Applicants must be a national of one of the African Union Member States and
resides in Africa at the time of Application and commencement of the training;
- The Applicant should be working in Health Research centers or Health Facilities within
- Knowledge of Spoken/Written English is essential;
- The Applicants should not be more than 55 years old as on last day of submission of
- The Applicants must satisfy the course eligibility criteria they apply for;
- Must have a valid international travel document and vaccination card;
- Must never being convicted of any crime.
The email should have the subject: Application for 2019 Capacity building Scheme.
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- British Council West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme Abuja - September 12, 2019
- How to buy Norland Anion Sanitary Napkin/PAD in Nigeria - September 11, 2019
- What is ULCER? and How to Cure it with Norland Mebo GI Capsule. - September 11, 2019