USADF GRANT APPLICATIONS CALL FOR PROPOSALS
TO BOOST AGRICULTURAL SECTOR IN SORGHUM, RICE, CASSAVA, AQUACULTURE IN NIGERIA
The U.S. African Development Foundation invites proposals for grant financing and local support, from African enterprises, cooperatives, and producer groups with innovative solutions that extend their own capabilities to increase revenues, create jobs, improve farmer incomes, and achieve sustainable market-based growth.
Maximum award US $250,000
Proposals will only be accepted from registered agricultural cooperatives, small-scale producer groups, and agricultural processors working directly in the sectors and countries listed below.
Am I eligible for A GRANT?
USADF will only consider proposals from 100% African-owned enterprises, associations or cooperatives operating in the specified country sectors. Applicants must be legally registered in their country, with a with a proven ability to track, manage, and use internal and external resources to achieve growth.
The majority of USADF’s funding agreements range between $100,000 and $250,000. USADF does not provide funding to government agencies, political parties, or organizations that are not based in Africa
Selection Guidelines and INSTRUCTIONS
Successful Proposals Must
- Have a clearly defined market opportunity to grow revenues that can increase farmer incomes.
- Have a clearly defined plan of how they can increase revenues and farmer incomes in 2- 4 years.
- Be able to make significant cash or in-kind contributions toward making the project successful.
- Be able to impact hundreds of farmers.
- Be able to identify additional financing options available after the USADF grant ends.
- The organization must be 100% African-owned and managed by country nationals.
- The organization must be a legally registered African entity (or in the process of becoming legally registered. Registration must be completed before any funding may be provided).
- The organization must demonstrate that it has successfully worked together and has the capability to effectively use grants funds..
- The ownership and management must be in agreement on the problem to be addressed and have a commitment to benefit their community.
- The organization must have basic functional management and controls to account for USADF funds.
- Completed Application Form. – Required
- Copy of a valid organization or enterprise registration form. – Required
- Most Recent Business Plan. – Preferred but Optional
- Two Years of Financial Statements – Preferred but Optional
NOTE: APPLYING FOR AN USADF GRANT IS FREE, THERE IS NO FEE ASSOCIATED WITH A GRANT APPLICATION.
Grant Proposal Period Opens November 15, 2017
AND CLOSES January 29, 2018
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ for SME Loop.
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- 3 Incredible Steps That Guarantees 6-7 Figures Income from Mini Importation - November 14, 2018
- Apply for Pitch Nigeria by Sterling Bank and win up toN10,000,000 closes on 15th November 2018 - November 5, 2018
- Invitation for our 1st Training at DABH: Accessing Funds through Grant Applications - November 4, 2018