Vacancy Announcement: Deputy Plant Manager
PP Nala Energy Ltd is looking to hire a Deputy Plant Manager in Ijebu Ode LGA, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Title: Deputy Plant Manager
- Organization: Technical Department
- Job Posting: 2018-11-26
- Closing Date: 2019-01-26
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Period: 5 years
- Probation Period: 1 Year
- Age: 28-30
The Deputy Plant Manager reports to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO). He/she participates in
commissioning and operations of the gasification plant and manages a team of technical staff, including
mechanical and electrical engineers and support staff. The plant operations staff will work in 4 teams and three
8-hr shifts to provide 24/7 coverage. The operation concept is based on central control room with a modern
control system for all normal plant operations. The total number of operations staff will be 21.
Required Education /Qualifications
- BSc in Mechanical (preferred) or Electrical Engineering
- Vocational experience in the mechanic or electric field
- Computer skills:
o Microsoft Office (Word, Advanced Excel skills, E-Mail), Internet (for sourcing and procurement),
Microsoft Project (would be a plus but not a must)
- Driving license
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Technical background, preferably in a thermal power plant or thermal related industry
- Experience with Instrumentation and Control Systems (ICT)
- Experience working with a major Nigerian industrial company
- Administrative work like logbooks, inventory, personnel planning
- Staff leading role as team leader, shift leader, dept. manager etc.
Commissioning of the gasification power plant in Ijebu Ode LGA is expected to start in the Q4 2020. In
preparation for commissioning the plant PP Energy is looking to hire a Deputy Plant Manager and to train
him/her in all aspects of operations and management of the DFB gasification plant to ensure knowledge
transfer for safe and effective operation of the plant. Training may include travel abroad to Austria and/or
Thailand for up to 1.5 year to gain theoretical and hands-on knowledge and experience in plant operations
PP Energy offers an attractive remuneration package including monthly salary, benefits, health and accident
insurance in accordance with Nigerian Labor Laws. The contract may be renewed upon satisfactory work of
Please send in your Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ for SME Loop.
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- Thank you for your VOTE. My Mentor Won the People Choice Award of the Google Impact Challenge 2018 - December 4, 2018
- Special Invitation: ONDO STATE YOUTH EMPOWERMENT SUMMIT 2018 - December 4, 2018
- Vacancy Announcement: Deputy Plant Manager in Ijebu Ode LGA, Ogun State, Nigeria. - November 25, 2018