Enterprise Challenge 2016
As a follow up to the successful launch of the Enterprise Challenge in 2014, the British Council in partnership with Virgin Atlantic, Zenith Bank and our new partner Samsung, proudly present the 2016 edition.
The Enterprise Challenge is an online competition which is designed to promote the development of entrepreneurial skills in Nigerian youth aged 18 to 35. The first cycle gave rise to 2 winners who won grants of 1.5 million naira each, had the opportunity to attend capacity building sessions at the prestigious Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship in South Africa and were mentored by globally recognized mogul and president of the Virgin Group, Sir Richard Branson.
This year, the programme partners have decided to take things up a notch! In addition to the prizes offered last year (i.e. grants, training and mentoring session with Richard Branson) there will be capacity building sessions offered by the Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship to the top 20 participants. This year’s winners will also get the opportunity to meet with and be mentored by entrepreneurs working in similar sectors in Nigeria and the UK.
Task 1 – The Essay
“There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions – in a way that serves the world and you.” – Richard Branson
If you are up for the challenge, then here we go……… For this phase of the competition, we would like you to write us an essay. Please click the button on this page to access the online application form and complete your essay.
- The essay should be 450 words or less
- Incorporate a business idea / product/ solution that you would like to develop into your story line.
- Ensure you fill out the personal information section of the form carefully and be sure to include all information as required.
Deadline for submission: 8th February 2016. Entries submitted after the given deadline will not be accepted.
All applicants should:
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age
- Have good English language skills
- A Nigerian citizen resident in Nigeria (with a valid Nigerian passport)
Follow our conversations on social media as follows:
BUSINESS CONSULTANT- AUTHOR - SPEAKER - SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR - BUSINESS COACH
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- PHOTOS: My Online Millionaire Friends Winners of the $5000 live at the Tony Elumelu Foundation 2017 Forum - October 17, 2017
- 21 Things to Take Note of as You Receive Your $5000 Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant for 2017 - October 17, 2017
- 3rd Annual Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Forum on 14th of October 2017 in Lagos. - October 15, 2017