IsDB Group invites all eligible entrepreneurs from IsDB Group Member Countries in Sub-Saharan Africa region to attend its 1st Business Plan Competition. The business plan competition is designed in a way to foster entrepreneurship in the Sub-Saharan Africa region via providing;
- Seed funding in the form of cash prizes,
- Training materials for business plan development,
- Mentorship from prominent entrepreneurs,
- Networking opportunities with investors
The competition will include two tracks. First, the entrepreneurs who have an idea, research or technology but NOT established their venture yet will compete in the Idea Track. Second, the Growth Track will be for the entrepreneurs, who have already established their venture and looking forward to growing it.
Each interested applicant will be required to indicate the track for which they are applying in their application material.
Cash prizes ($25,000 for the 1st Place Winner, $15,000 for the 2nd Place Winner, $10,000 for the 3rd Place Winner for each track of the competition)
30 April, 2014
- In order to submit your application, please go here, where you will be required to answer a set of questions in two steps.
- The first step will let us know more about you, and include questions such as your background, future plans and contact information.
- After providing all necessary information, you will be able to move to the 2nd Step, where you will be required to answer 6 main questions about your business plan.
- In a nutshell, these 6 questions will cover areas such as potential, originality as well as financial viability of your business plan, and provide an executive summary for us.
- Please carefully read each question, and provide information only relevant to the questions asked. The application should be prepared in either English or French.
- It is essential to respect the word limits indicated for each questions. Applications longer than the word limits may be truncated without notice or consultation before being passed to judges.
- As far as the time-line is concerned, the website will be open for registration and application submission starting January 1st, 2014. The deadline for all submissions is April 30th 2014 (11:59 p.m. – Jeddah Time). Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- The idea or business plan submitted should be the original work of the participating team/individual, and reflect accurate information.
Got a question? See the FAQs
This announcement is formatted using Naija Writers’ Coach Posting Format. If you republish this on your website, please provide a link to this post.
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional
- Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer sponsored by US Consulate Lagos
- Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- GROUNDNUT FARMING AND PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA - April 17, 2018
- Job Opportunities and Other Grants at Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub - April 16, 2018
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING SERVICE BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA - April 15, 2018