3 Tools Every Young Entrepreneur Should Have in Their Toolkit
It Takes a Lot to Be an Entrepreneur… Tools Like Time Clock Software and Cloud Storage Can Help
Entrepreneurs today face a unique and ever-changing set of challenges, and young people with dreams of owning their own companies need to be prepared to meet them. Luckily even though the challenges entrepreneurs face are always evolving, so are the technologies and tools that entrepreneurs can use to stay ahead of the curve.
If you’re looking forward to a bright future with an entrepreneurial flair, there are a few essential tools you should be familiar with. Every aspiring entrepreneur should have these in their arsenal:
- A time clock software that can meet the needs of modern companies
- A cloud storage software with plenty of organization, sharing, and security features
- A way to stay connected with your network of peers, mentors, and mentees
1. Time Clock Software
Depending on the type of business you hope to launch, you may or may not have time clock software on your radar. However whether you plan to start a restaurant or a digital marketing team scattered across the country, the right time clock software can make a big difference for your team.
Time clock software isn’t as clunky as it used to be– the best time clock software options include features like:
- Duration tracking to help employees keep tabs on how much time they spend working on individual tasks or with particular clients
- Integration with QuickBooks and other key software
- Smartphone apps that make creating and changing schedules (or on the employee end, viewing schedules) a breeze
2. Cloud Storage Solution
It’s no secret that cloud storage is quickly becoming the default option for storing files and collaborating with team members. Cloud storage options make it possible for you to keep all of your files in one place and protect you from losing essential files– whether they are business plans, budget spreadsheets, or training resources– in the event that your local device crashes.
3. Professional Social Media
You may have heard a public speaker or mentor say something to the effect of: “People are a company’s greatest asset.” There’s a reason for that. It’s true! Your professional network is an invaluable tool when it comes to growing your business. Make sure you have a professional social media presence that makes it easy for you to keep in touch with peers, mentors, mentees, and clients.
Business is a game that’s always changing, and having the right tools can help young entrepreneurs be successful as they set off on their entrepreneurial ventures. Do you have these tools in your toolkit? Let us know in the comments below!
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- 4 Ways to Invest Your Money Wisely Being a College Student - November 14, 2019
- Chevening Africa Media Freedom Fellowship (CAMFF) 2020 (Fully funded) - November 12, 2019
- How to Bet on Sports – Tips for Beginners - November 12, 2019