Ishk Tolaram Foundation develops and supports programs that enable self-sufficiency and independence in vulnerable communities, with a focus on education, entrepreneurial and vocational training, and healthcare; and advocates social awareness and responsible giving in our partners, business and family.
Ishk Skills Hub Provides entrepreneurial and vocational training to unemployed / underemployed youth between the ages of 15 and 35, to enable them to secure productive livelihoods to support themselves and their families.
Vision: Our vision is for all individuals to be empowered to contribute beyond themselves for the benefit of all.
To qualify for Ishk Skills Hub, you must meet the following criteria:
• Based in or near Lagos
• Aged 15-35 years
• Completed secondary school
• Unemployed or underemployed*
• Seeking sustainable employment
• Have a guarantor
* Not having enough paid work or not doing work that makes full use of your skills and
Your guarantor must be:
• Over 30 years of age
• An employee/member of an organizations for at least 2 years
• Someone who knows you personally
Role of the guarantor:
• To vouch for you as a good candidate to join the program
• To fill and sign a guarantor’s form
• To be updated on your progress in the program
Applicants should be
– based in Nigeria
– between 15-35 years old
– unemployed or underemployed
– seeking sustainable employment
- Applicants undergo a one-on-one interview to understand their motivations for enrolling
- Students attend a compulsory foundation module that covers essential skills for employment
- 100% attendance is required to progress
Ishk Skills Hub works with graduates on
- Job opportunities,
- Alumni engagement,
- Including mentorship and career guidance.
- Preparation for self-employment including access to micro-loans
Ishk Skills Hub continues to journey with graduates for up to 36 months
For job placements, graduates are followed up on
– Time taken to secure a job
– Changes in their income levels
– Job retention at 6-, 12-, and 24-months
- For self-employment, graduates are followed up on
– Repayment rates for micro-loans
– Status of business at 6-, 12-, and 24-months
– Time taken to break-even
- Students and trainers also provide feedback at each stage of the program to allow for continuous improvement.
You can apply via the online form on www.ishktolaram.com/ishk-skills-hub. Once
applications are processed, you will be notified whether you are eligible for the program,
and if so, the team will invite you for a one-on-one interview.
For more Information Visit IshK Tolaram Foundation