Apply for TEF-UNDP Sahel Youth Entrepreneurship Programme 2019
Deadline: August 5, 2019.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) have launched a youth entrepreneurship programme for the Sahel region of Africa. The TEF-UNDP Sahel Youth Entrepreneurship programme will train, mentor and financially support 100,000 young entrepreneurs in Africa in 10 years . The goal is to contribute to the overall target to generate at least 10million new jobs and $10 billion in new annual revenues across Africa.
About the Program
The TEF-UNDP Sahel Youth Entrepreneurship Programme is a partnership between the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) to empower 100,000 additional entrepreneurs over 10 years from seven Sahel African countries: Northern Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Cameroun, Mauritania, Mali and Burkina Faso.The partnership will target young Africans in under-served communities.
The goal is to create 10million new jobs and contribute at least $10billion to the African economy.
The Programme leverages the tried and validated approach to philanthropy on the continent pioneered by the Tony Eluemlu Foundation. It prioritises and positions entrepreneurship as the key enabler to catalyse the economic development of the African continent.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme is the flagship Programme of the Tony Elumelu Foundation—the leading philanthropy in Africa empowering African entrepreneurs.
The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is the $100million commitment by the Elumelu family to mentor, train and financially support 10,000 African entrepreneurs in 10 years. The Programme is currently in the 5thfifth year of its commitment and has so far empowered over 7,500 entrepreneurs across 54 African countries.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme provides the inspiration for the development of the TEF-UNDP Sahel Youth Entrepreneurship Programme which scales up the impact of the Foundation to empower an additional 100,000 entrepreneurs specifically from seven countries in Africa’s Sahel region.
- African entrepreneurs will gain non-refundable seed capital.
- Access to a 12-week business training and mentoring.
- They will also receive visibility and numerous business networking opportunities.
Criteria for Applying
- You must be an African entrepreneur residing in any of the listed countries: Northern Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Cameroun, Mauritania, Mali and Burkina Faso
- Your business must not be more than 3years in existence. Potential businesses at the idea stage are encouraged.
The deadline for the 2019 applications is August 5, 2019.
Following the end of the application window, an initial longlist of 5,500 applicants will be selected to undergo the 12-week business training. After the training, the final shortlist of 2,000 applicants will be announced to join the previous 2019 TEF cohort.
Interested entrepreneurs can apply on TEFConnect or visit the nearest UBA branch in any of the listed countries.
For more info visit TEF website
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- How To Obtain Bank Of Agriculture Loans In Nigeria - January 13, 2020
- Attend my Lagos FREE Mentoring Session this weekend on TEF2020 $5000 Grant application and others. - January 12, 2020
- How To Obtain Bank Of Industry (BOI) Loan In Nigeria - January 9, 2020