Apply for UK DIT Lagos Immersion 2019 for Social Innovators
Deadline: July 7, 2019.
The UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) in partnership with Innovation corner is launching Lagos Immersion. A new challenge which aims to illuminate the strengths of the African technology scene and encourage greater investment; especially those which address some of the macroeconomic and development challenges of the continent.
- How will you harness tech to support Nigerian companies to do more business internationally?
- How would you use tech to increase gender equality?
- How will you use tech to fill the skill/knowledge gap existing in the economy; putting into consideration the digitally excluded percentage of the population?
- How will you harness tech to reduce the unemployment rate in Nigeria?
- How would you leverage technology to reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
Successful applicants will receive an invitation to the Lagos Immersion hackathon on July 10, 2019, and winners will receive the following:
- Winners will be paired with mentors with investment background and access to a wider network for 4 months.
- Winners will be invited to the Beyond Nigeria networking session with the Deputy High commissioner of the UK High Commission in August 2019 and subsequent sessions.
- The opportunity to pitch your ideas to potential investors and partners in Nigeria and the UK.
- Winners will receive support from the Department for International Trade and Innovation Corner.
- Access to local and foreign Immersion corporate partners.
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- British Council West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme Abuja - September 12, 2019
- How to buy Norland Anion Sanitary Napkin/PAD in Nigeria - September 11, 2019
- What is ULCER? and How to Cure it with Norland Mebo GI Capsule. - September 11, 2019