Apply now for Global Innovation Fund (GIF)
The Global Innovation Fund invests in social innovations that aim to improve the lives and opportunities of millions of people in the developing world. They run with the focus of solving any development problems in low- or lower-middle income countries; seeking solutions that can scale up commercially, through the public/philanthropic sector, or through a combination of both in order to achieve widespread adoption. Through grants and risk capital, they help breakthrough solutions to global development challenges from for-profit firms, non-profit organisations, researches, and government agencies to maximize their impact and affect meaningful change.
GIF is a unique hybrid investment fund that supports the piloting, rigorous testing, and scaling of innovations targeted at improving the lives of the poorest people in developing countries. Through investments, they support a portfolio of innovations that collectively open up opportunities and improve the lives of millions of people across the developing world.
How to apply
GIF accept applications on a continuous basis, with no deadlines or ’rounds’ of funding. In addition to this open application window, they actively seek out investments. The review process is highly selective and rigorous, and less than 10% of applicants are invited to submit full proposals.
First, you would have to read and agree to the important information surrounding the application process, then you fill out an online application form with general information about your request for funding.
Second, you upload a short description of your innovation, which will be provided after completion of the online form.
To apply make your way through the following steps in order to start your application:
- Understanding the application process
- What type and amount of funding should I apply for?
- Am I a good fit for the Global Innovation Fund?
- What we do not fund
- Start an application
For more info visit Global Innovation Fund website.
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ for SME Loop.
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by DayoHub (see all)
- World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020 (Paid Internship) - December 11, 2019
- Guide For Starting A Finance Business In Nigeria - December 3, 2019
- 25 Thriving Opportunities In Oil And Gas Industry in Nigeria - December 3, 2019