The Managing Director, BOI, Olukayode Pitan, explained that in 2017, a cumulative disbursement of about N20.5 billion was made to support women businesses in the country, maintaining that the N22 billion by way of disbursement this year, would represent a record breaking achievement of what the bank has done in the past 12 years.
The BoI boss represented by the Executive Director, SMEs, Waheed Olagunju, during an event to commemorate the international women’s day, said, “We are looking at ways to support businesses promoted by women, businesses owned by women, businesses led by women in terms of management or businesses that generate huge employment for women.
Bank of Industry Limited (abbreviated as ‘BOI’) is the oldest and largest Development Finance Institution (DFI) currently operating in Nigeria. It is owned by the Ministry of Finance Incorporated (MOFI) Nigeria (94.80%), the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) (5.19%) and private shareholders (0.01%). The bank has 11 members on its board and it is chaired by Aliyu Abdulrahman Dikko.
The bank is a parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment tasked with providing financial assistance for the establishment of large, medium and small projects as well as the expansion, diversification and modernisation of existing enterprises; and rehabilitation of existing ones. In line with the Nigeria Industrial Revolution Plan and Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) released by the Government of Nigeria, the bank focuses on financing industrial projects in key sectors of the economy such as: Agro and Food Processing, Light Manufacturing, Gas and Petrochemicals, Engineering and Technology, Solid Minerals and Creative Industries (arts and entertainment). BOI also focuses on promoting youth entrepreneurship, women-owned businesses and renewable energy projects.
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ for SME Loop.
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- 3 Incredible Steps That Guarantees 6-7 Figures Income from Mini Importation - November 14, 2018
- Apply for Pitch Nigeria by Sterling Bank and win up toN10,000,000 closes on 15th November 2018 - November 5, 2018
- Invitation for our 1st Training at DABH: Accessing Funds through Grant Applications - November 4, 2018