Chivas Venture $1M Startup Competition 2020 for Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: October 31, 2019.
The Chivas Venture is an annual competition to find and support the most promising social entrepreneurs, who use business to solve social and/or environmental issues.
Candidates must apply to the competition in one of the participating countries, for a chance to join the global final and win a share of $1million.
WHICH COUNTRIES ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE CHIVAS VENTURE 2019-20?
To enter the competition, your business must be registered in one of the following countries:
- South Africa
WHO CAN APPLY?
- The founder, co-founder or a key decision maker must apply on behalf of the business and represent it throughout the phases of the competition. The business representative must be aged 21 years old or over (as over 31 October 2019) and speak fluent English to attend the Accelerator Programme and pitch in English.
- Your start-up must be registered as a for-profit entity in the country you’re located. We accept entries from Seed stage (pre-revenue), Start-up stage and Growth stage, earning up to $1.5 million in annual revenue (measured from 1st September 2018 to 1st September 2019).
Make sure you read through your local Terms & Conditions for full eligibility requirements.
- A share of the $1million fund
If you are selected to take part in the global final, you will have the opportunity to win a share of $1 Million in funding. Each finalist will have the chance to tell us how much funding they seek and how they believe this will make a difference for their business.
The first $100,000 of the fund will be allocated by the public, via a 3-week online vote. The Finalist with the most votes will receive $50,000. The 5 Finalists with the next 5 highest numbers of votes will receive $10,000 each.
The remaining $900,000 of the fund will be allocated by the judges at the Global Final: $750,000 will be distributed amongst the top 5 finalists at the Grand Final, and $150,000 will be shared amongst the 5 Semi-Finalists and 10 Quarter-Finalists who didn’t make it to the Grand Final – see Terms & Conditions for full details.
- The Accelerator Programme
We are excited to be partnering with The Conduit in London, UK, to deliver a mentorship programme for those who make it to the global final. This will take place in March 2019, and will feature opportunities for the finalists to sharpen their business and pitching skills, and learn from world-class experts.
- Global exposure
The global finalists will feature on the Chivas Venture website, and our international campaign will reach millions of people around the world via PR & social media, offering incredible exposure to your business.
- Local Prizes
The Chivas Venture is an international competition and some of the participating countries may offer additional prizes. Check your local Terms & Conditions for further details
HOW IT WORKS
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- Female Founders Accelerator 2019 for Female Entrepreneurs (250k Prize) - October 21, 2019
- Atlas Corps Fellowship 2020 for The World’s Top Social Change Leaders (Fully Funded to United States) - October 21, 2019
- Yale Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2020 (Fully Funded to Yale University, USA) - October 17, 2019