CINEMA/MOVIE THEATRE BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Cinema/Movie Theatre Business Plan in Nigeria
This sample of Cinema/Movie Theatre Business Plan In Nigeria can be used for Grant Applications, Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Note, Competitions etc. Cinema/Movie Theatre Business Plan is a lucrative business that needs a lot of strategic Planning to start and a business coach like Dayo Adetiloye to help you start the Implementation.
Business Description of Cinema Business Plan in Nigeria
Business: Cinema/ Movie Theatre
PATILAD Cinema is an Ota based Movie Centre in Ogun State Nigeria. Since the establishment of this district the residents have not been able to go to a movie theatre unless they travelled out of town. In several surveys conducted over this period, residents wishing to enjoy a day out at the movies have to drive about 60km to a Cinema like Ikeja City Mall, Silver Bird Galleria which features some Movies. And once they get to the Cinema, it often times not worth all the stress of driving all the way. We did a survey round the 30km radius of the local government encouraged a group of volunteers, among them business owners/operators, to investigate the viability of operating a multi-screen movie-theatre.
In early 2016, the Patilad Cinema became registered under the Film Board Association of Nigeria. The directors researched other jointly-owned and operated movie theatres in Nigeria, established goals and objectives for this enterprise, analysed the market potential, looked at strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and developed a preliminary marketing and financial plan. The project is an ambitious one but also an exciting one which will help the Ota business community, create jobs and definitely support a climate for new business investment in the City and beyond.
In three months, since receiving the mandate from the local government to undertake the work, we have:
- Recruited a board of directors with a range of experience
- Organized a solid membership drive that has resulted in 1,300 paid members,
raising a total in membership fees of over N12,000,000
- Run a very successful “film night and information session” at the nearly completed movie house with 300 in attendance as part of our community engagement
- Consulted with industry experts, equipment suppliers, architects, contractors, film
booking agents and for-profit and non-profit theatre owner/operators
- Consulted with the investment bank of Nigeria, Micro-finance banks, local groups, and potential funding agencies
- Engaged in cost and market analysis, and financial modelling to determine
- whether a movie theatre in Tollgate Ota makes sense and
(b) if it will be sustainable.
- Worked with a quantity surveyor and other professionals to establish cost
breakdowns for a phased approach to leasehold improvements
We are in need of more funding to build an online web app that would cater for pre-booking, ticketing, movie scheduling and previewing. This as experts have concluded will improve our sales and market reach.
The benefits of our products and services are
- We provide excellent customer care services at all times.
- All our services are offered at the lowest possible price.
- Top notch high definition digital projectors and crisp clear sound
- Healthy sales in the first year, more than doubling by year three.
- Excellent revenues from concessions.
- Modest by stable profit margin by year two.
My business meets a need and demand for:
- A highly conducive, environment for Cinema
- A very ready and nearby world-class Cinema for Ota Area, in Ogun State.
- Provision of optimum customers’ satisfaction and flexible service.
- Lowest possible prices.
Keys to Success for Patilad Cinema/Movie Theatre Business Plan in Nigeria
- Carefully chosen proper film selection for the audience and the theater’s environment.
- Revenues from a mix of both traditional movie fare and other quality snacks and beverages.
- Careful management of internal finances to control costs.
- Great customer service.
- Creating excellent word of mouth promotion of services – clients sell services to prospective students.
Objective for Patilad Cinema/Movie Theatre Business Plan in Nigeria
- When comparing single screen models with multi screens, the multi-screen model provides greater programming options, which in turn results in greater box
- Office revenues and also greater concession sales for a defined market area;
- Programming flexibility is key to ensuring sustainability;
- Concession revenues can contribute as much to the “bottom line” as net box
- office receipts; and
- The Otta toll-gate area is the best-suited location for a movie theatre
- To achieve net profit in year one, increasing in year two, by containing costs and meeting sales goals.
Vision for the Patilad Cinema/ Movie Theatre Business Plan in Nigeria
To build a world class movie theatre which will be a source of revenue to support and promote arts and culture, lift the face of the community by bringing in quality service seen in top class Cinemas in Nigeria.
Mission for the Patilad Cinema/ Movie Theatre Business Plan in Nigeria
Our mission is to give our customers a big city entertainment experience in a small town. Our customers will relax in comfort and watch high-quality presentations of popular second-run movies, all within a short walk or drive from home. This is a convenience that residents have had to do without since the local theatre closed eleven years ago.
To provide quality first-run movies, films targeted at specific audiences, and live-streamed events and performances to the people of Ota and surrounding areas; and manage/operate the movie theatre in a manner that will result in goodwill, strong community support and profits that will be used to financially support community art and culture initiatives and community development.
Management Team of the Patilad Cinema/Movie Theatre Business Plan in Nigeria
Adeola Ajani’s experience in theatre operations and management will be invaluable, she will manage the key tasks that represent the Cinema once it’s up and running: film selection, marketing, and personnel. She will also initially take care of the selection and ordering of all the theatre’s supplies, including the concessions.
Her main responsibility will be to manage and execute the theatre’s restoration. Once that task is complete and the theatre is open for business, she will manage the maintenance of the building and work part-time in customer service (selling concessions) and ordering. She’s the chief operating officer with over 20years in the movie theatre industry, assuming many key roles through the years.
We brought to the business:
- Topnotch professional skills to drive profitability and sustainability of the business.
- Capacity to consistently provide excellent, high quality services at the lowest possible price.
- Effective cost management while offering exceptional and high quality products and services.
- Our staff brings operational, marketing and promotional skills to the business.
Materials and Machine Patilad Cinema/Movie Theatre Business Plan in Nigeria
JVC X30 Projector, Projector bracket, Motorised 4.2m wide screen, Sony Bluray, Denon AV Amplifier, 5 wall mounted surround speakers and two subwoofers, Cabling and fittings, Blackout blinds for the Village Hall, Acoustic drapes to improve sound, van, Miscellaneous and contingency
Competitor Analysis for Patilad Cinema/Movie Theatre Business Plan in Nigeria
People attend our Cinemas because of the following reasons:
- Conducive environment for both families and single.
- World class full digitalized operations
- Our services and products are offered at the lowest possible prices.
- We are motivated to deliver excellence and efficient service.
- Our use of the latest, state-of-the-art facility and equipment.
- Outstanding customer services and willing correspondence.
Our two major competitive advantages are:
- We have a company that is customer focused serving our individual customers with the highest comfort and experience not seeing in any Cinema in Nigeria
- We are located at a very strategic location, coupled with the fact that we are the only Cinema that exists in the whole of Ota, with a standard that beats most ones around.
For the remaining part of this business Plan, including the detailed financial analysis, call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015 or 08076359735 or send me an email at email@example.com.
We help institutions and organizations to write concepts and implement Business Plan and also train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, strong and winning business Plan for any use.
Call any of our business plan consultants on: 08105636015, 08076359735
or Send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to access my free E-book and newsletter on Grants opportunities in Nigeria and other business opportunities and information to help you discover, develop and fulfil your business potential