COTTON FARMING AND PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
This sample cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria can be used for Grant Applications, Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Note, Competitions etc. Cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan is a lucrative business that needs a lot of strategic Planning to start and a business coach like Dayo Adetiloye to help you start the Implementation.
Business Description of cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
Business: COTTON FARMING AND PROCESSING
Industry: Agriculture (cotton Farming and Processing Business plan in Nigeria)
PATILAD cotton Farms is standard and registered commercial farm that will be based in zamfara State. We produce cotton a major cash crop that is of social and economic importance to Nigeria. Cotton is a soft and fluffy staple fibre that grows in bolls or protective capsule. We produce high quality cotton that is useful for clothing, household items and industrial products. Our aim of establishing PATILAD cotton farms is not only to generate revenue and maximize profit but also to favorably compete against similar cotton farms both new and existing, and be known as one of the top five cotton farms in Nigeria within five years. In order to achieve this, we have gone the extra mile to ensure that we get the best professionals and also the best equipment so that we will run a standard farm.
We are investing in making sure that we increase the production of cotton seeds that will enhance productivity. We own 15,000 hectares of cotton field and 10 hectares ready for processing facility in zamfara state. The usage of modern agriculture technics and equipment will boost the productivity of the cotton production in Nigeria.
The federal government in September 2012 release 54million to boost mass production of cotton in the country; the federal government also signed a memorandum of understanding with the West African cotton company on plans to revive cotton production in the country. All this is aim at enhancing productivity in production of cotton seeds from 120,000 tonnes to 760,000 by the year 2015. As a result of the neglect in agricultural sector in Nigeria during the oil boom years (1970-1980) was the decline in total food and fibre production and these general problems also affected the cotton industries. Cotton used to be an important cash product in Nigeria. Until recently, cotton was the fifth most important export crop and major source of foreign exchange for the country. Unfortunately total production remains far below the national requirements. PATILAD cotton farms have researched on the major constraints facing cotton farmer and we have been able to solve some of these problems, examples are lack of fertilizer, frequent spray and knowledge of production package e.tc
Asides from the fact that we have secured the required farm land and most of the farm equipment and machines, we have also hired some key employees who are currently undergoing training to be able to fit into the ideal picture of the 21st century cotton farm workforce that we want to build. Our heavy equipment will be leased out to farmers in need of such services at a specific fee. Our storage facilities will also provide storage to other users.
Our company is being founded to grow upon an extensive array of biological and horticultural education, experience and the research of its founders, we also maintain a rigorous industry standard. With our existing 1000 tons capacity standard storage facility and the development of additional 12,000 tons capacity, the issues of storage of cotton will be greatly addressed.
The benefits of our products and services are
- The cultivation of high quality cotton crops
- All year round availability in high commercial volume
- Improve access to cotton farm through digital delivery.
- Excellent customer care services.
- Fair and lowest possible prices.
Our products and services
PATILAD cotton Farms is a standard farm that is committed to bringing the highest quality seed, to the farming process and offering a good customer services that measure up with the international standard . We produce the highest quality cottons for industries in commercial quantities. We are investing in the critical enabling components that will ensure the long-term sustainability of the industry. Below are our products and services:
- Bringing highest quality seeds to the farming process
- Leasing of equipment and storage facilities to farmers.
- Supplier of high quality seedlings to farmers.
- Delivery services
- Offering a good customer service that measure up with international standard
Keys to Success
The keys to success for the cotton Farming and processing business include:
- Low operating cost and efficient processing techniques.
- Ensuring an efficient and highly motivated distribution team.
- Maintenance of Hygienic, safe and human friendly processing facility.
- Acquire necessary regulatory licence for our farm.
- Offer consistently quality processed products.
Objective for cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
- To produce 400,000 tonnes per annum of high quality cotton in the first year of operation.
- To maintain profit margins at 20-25% through close attention to expenses and cost of cotton production.
- To supply enough cotton to individual consumers, and industries in Nigeria and other African countries.
- To develop a sustainable farm, surviving off its own cash flow.
Goal for the cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
To be the highest suppliers of high quality seedlings to other farmers and become a major player in the Agricultural/Manufacturing sector.
Vision for the cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
Our vision is to become one of the leading cotton farm and cotton processing and packing brand not just in Nigeria but also on the global stage.
Mission for the Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
To ensure that we supply enough cotton to individual consumer, and industries in Nigeria and other African countries.
Management Team of the Potato Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
OKEOWO Shola – he is highly knowledgeable in cotton Farming business. He has over 7 years’ experience in the industry. He has a B.sc and Master’s Degree in Agricultural Science from Yaba College of Technology, Lagos. He will be in-charge of day to day activities of the business.
Mr Dayo Adetiloye – (B. Agric., MBA, and PMP): He has over 15 years’ experience in business management, business start-up dynamics, financial management of business and overall business growth and development. He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan African University (PAU). He is our business development strategist and a strategic partner.
We brought to the business:
- Educational skill and practical experience in cotton Farming and Processing
- Capacity to consistently provide outstanding service.
- Quality processed product and good understanding of the market trend.
- Our staff brings operational, marketing and promotional skills to the business.
Management experience gained for the cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
With over 10 years’ experience in Agricultural Industry and numerous exposure to both the scientific and practical aspect of services, I’ve being able to master the technical requirements, financial management, staff recruitment and organization skills among other things necessary to give the industry good commendation from our clients.
My managerial skill has also helped in putting together a workforce for over 5 years, which will also help me to coordinate the team work in most aspect of the company.
I am the CEO of the company overseeing the day to day activities of the business.
Materials and Machine for cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
One large greenhouse, tractor, Industrial generator, planter/fertilizer applicator, shed forklift, delivery truck, office building, scales, office equipment, processing machines, grader, digger/harvester, hiller, spray equipment, etc.
Competitor Analysis for cotton Farming and Processing Business Plan in Nigeria
People buy from us because of the following reasons:
- All year round availability of high quality cotton
- Fresh and highly hygienic products.
- Effective customer care service.
- Fair and best possible prices and discount offers.
Our three major competitive advantages are:
- All year round availability of high quality cotton
- Fresh and highly hygienic products.
- Fair and best possible prices and discount offers
For the remaining part of this business Plan, including the detailed financial analysis, call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015 or 08076359735 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We help institutions and organizations to write concepts and implement Business Plan and also train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, strong and winning business Plan for any use.
Call any of our business plan consultants on: 08105636015, 08076359735
or Send me an email at: email@example.com.
Click here to access my free E-book and newsletter on Grants opportunities in Nigeria and other business opportunities and information to help you discover, develop and fulfil your business potential
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ for SME Loop.
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- Executive Summary of Hair Salon Business Plan in Nigeria - October 19, 2018
- E-BOOK: How to Recruit and Get to the Top Fast in any Network Marketing Business - October 13, 2018
- E-Book: HOW TO REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS NAME WITH CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION ON YOUR OWN - October 12, 2018