Deji Alli ARM ₦12,000,000 Young Talent Award 2020 for Young Nigerians
Application Closes: November 17, 2019.
The Deji Alli ARM Young Talent Award is an ARM initiative in partnership with TechnoVision that aims at providing young Nigerians with an opportunity to develop start-up ventures that add meaningful value to the Nation’s economy.
The DAAYTA 2020 initiative is in line with ARM’s commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) with the aim of building a generation of change leaders, working together to build a better future. The DAAYTA Initiative seeks to support business ideas that intentionally create positive societal impact while generating a financial return.
The DAAYTA program was inaugurated by ARM in 2015 in honour of its founding CEO to promote lifelong learning by aiding young Nigerian graduates and undergraduates bring their ideas to life.
Applicants to the DAAYTA 2020 program are required to propose practical solutions with a credible business plan for profit-making ventures that have the potential of generating significant, measurable and sustainable social impact while tackling the specific challenges identified.
After the deadline has passed and we have assessed the applications received, shortlisted candidates, will be contacted to pitch their business ideas to a closed group of business professionals, entrepreneurs and investors in Lagos, in February & March 2020.
Are there focus areas for DAAYTA 2020?
DAAYTA are looking for great ideas that could be related but not limited to Agriculture, Education, Healthcare, Housing, and Transportation.
It is important to note that all DAAYTA 2020 events will be held in Lagos, Nigeria. However, ideas are welcomed from applicants in any part of Nigeria.
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must:
- be a citizen of Nigeria
- be between 18 and 30 years of age
- submit their application which must be their original work
- have an MVP (minimum viable product) i.e. you have customers
- be able to fund his/her/team travel expenses and other associated costs
- be physically available (with co-founders/team where they exist) for the 2-day Pitch Workshop and Final Pitch Event scheduled for February & March, 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria
- understand the business of ARM, what we stand for; and
- be ready to represent ARM as an Ambassador
The winner of DAAYTA 2020 shall, subject to the Terms & Conditions, receive funding of ₦12,000,000 over a period of one year for the following purposes:
- develop their business plan.
- complete an entrepreneurial education at the Pan Atlantic University’s Enterprise Development Centre in Lagos, Nigeria
- receive a 5-month acceleration support for the development of their venture through by a reputable entrepreneurial hub in Lagos, Nigeria.
For more info visit DAAYTA
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- French Government Challenge of 1,000 for African Entrepreneurs 2020 - November 21, 2019
- Book Review/How to Buy it: The Winning Streak: 40 Proven Secrets on How I Raise Money for my Business and How You Can Do the Same. By Mene Blessing. - November 20, 2019
- Apply for Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 (Fully Funded to UK) - November 20, 2019