Executive Summary of Cotton Production and Processing Business Plan.
PATILAD Cottons Ltd. is a 15000-ha commercial cotton production and processing firm. Cotton a major cash crop that is of social and economic importance to Nigeria. We produce high quality cotton that is useful for clothing, household items and industrial products. We are located in Ile-Oluji, Ondo state.
PATILAD Cottons Ltd. is established as a limited liability company owned by Dayo Adetiloye, Adebayo Tijani, and other investors. The farm is managed and directed by Dayo Adetiloye, a veteran in the Agric. industry with 8 years’ experience and Adebayo Tijani, an experienced Agro-allied specialist with over 15 years’ experience.
To be among the first 3 largest Cotton producer/distributor in Nigeria by the year 2020.
- To give our customer the very best products and provide excellent customer service so that we may earn their trust and ensure continued business transaction.
- To provide an excellent, top-notch and safe environment for Cotton production and processing, storage and distribution.
- Increase revenue from the sales of Cotton balls and its derivative products to N250,000,000 over 3 years.
- To maintain profit margins at 30-35% through close attention to expenses and cost of Cotton production and processing.
- To drive awareness and generate sales through mentions in both local print and digital media.
Keys to Success
- Financial stability for payment of labour, fertilizer, Cotton seed and other variable inputs.
- Low operating cost and efficient processing techniques.
- Ensuring an efficient and highly motivated distribution team.
- Maintenance of good working condition and effective remuneration.
- Being a member of the Cotton Farmers and Marketers Association of Nigeria (CFMAN).
- Offer consistently quality products.
- Outstanding customer service.
Products and Services
PATILAD Cottons Ltd. quality yam products includes;
- Cotton balls
- Cotton seeds
- Cotton seedlings
- Lease of equipment, facilities and technical expertise.
- Training and on-farm experience for would-be Cotton farmers
PATILAD Cottons Ltd. will sell healthy, stain-free and highly quality Cotton balls. Other products and services include supply of high-quality improved cotton seedlings, cotton seed and leasing of equipment and storage facilities to farmers, etc. We produce process and package to meet standard organization of Nigeria and international standard. We are concerned about providing products that suit the many use of Cotton balls either for export or local industrial uses.
Cotton is a part of our daily lives from the time we dry our faces on a soft cotton towel in the morning until we slide between fresh cotton sheets at night. It has hundreds of uses, from blue jeans to shoe strings. Clothing and household items are the largest uses, but industrial products account for many thousands of bales. All parts of the cotton plant are useful. The most important is the fiber or lint, which is used in making cotton cloth. Linters, provide cellulose for making plastics and other products. Linters also are incorporated into high quality paper products and processed into batting for padding mattresses, furniture and automobile cushions
Competitors for PATILAD Cottons Ltd. includes renown agricultural produce marketer in Nigeria and other west African state. PATILAD Cotton Ltd’s competitive edge includes the use of modern production techniques and equipment which turns out high quality products, excellent customer service, the expertise of its founders, etc.
I have over 10 years’ experience in the Cotton Production and Processing and processing industry and I have B. Agric from Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife. I also have a master’s degree in business administration MBA from same school. I am in charge of strategy planning for the business.
I have worked with my father for over 15 years from childhood in which I consistently helped in co-running or managing his farm estate. I have also attended several training and organized workshops where I learnt how to run a Cotton Production and Processing, processing and distribution firm.
We will manage the firm to profitability by strategic production, marketing and sales. We will provide quality assurance in our business by always upgrading our product and services to the taste of time. We will ensure excellence delivery of both products and services by employing more people with production, marketing and exemplary interpersonal communication skill. Our target is to build a team of exceptional goal getters and keep a steading assent of excellent performance.
Financial Plan and Projections
PATILAD Cottons Ltd. seeks N15 million in long-term financing to cover start-up costs, equipment, building expenses, and working capital. Funding for the launch of the business is provided primarily by equity from the partners and investors.
The business will reach positive cash flow in its 10th month of operation, allowing for expedited repayment of its loan obligations, as well as for dividends to be paid to the owners. Estimated first year revenue is N83,310,000 with gross margin of N30,282,000.
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ for SME Loop.
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.