Executive Summary of Petrol Station Business Plan in Nigeria
The purpose of this business plan is to raise N40,000,000 for the development of a Petrol Station while showcasing the expected financials and operations over the next three years. PATILAD PETROL STATION is a fully registered and gas station that is located in Dutse District, Abuja. Our chains of petrol stations that will be scattered all around major cities in Nigeria will adopt full service, minimum service and self-service as it suits the location. Our basic services and products offering to our highly esteemed customers as a standard gas station are retailing of gasoline (petrol), diesel and lubricants for motor vehicles. We will make sure that we give our consumers nothing short of the very best. We will also run a convenience store, car wash, vulcanizing services, wheel balancing services, wheel alignment services and other related automobile repair services. We are committed, honest and quality focused.
At PATILAD Petrol Station, we are passionate in the pursuit of excellence and financial success with uncompromising services and integrity. We are in the industry to make a positive mark. We are quite optimistic that our values and quality of products and service offering will help us drive our petrol station business to enviable heights and also help us attract the numbers of clients that will make the business highly profitable. We are a company that will be dedicated to establishing and maintaining the best practices as it relates to the petrol station industry.
When you visit PATILAD Petrol Station, located in Dutse district of Abuja, plot 7, you will meet our team of highly-trained, knowledgeable petrol station attendants who are ready to give you first class treatment and excellence in customer service. This is irrespective of whether you come in with your car or just walk in to fill in your jerry can. We are opened from 6am to 10pm every weekdays including Saturdays and open do 10am-7pm on Sundays.
To grow until we become Nigeria’s number one choice brand for Oil and Gas Retailing.
- To provide Nigerians with the best quality petroleum products at all times (constant all year round availability).
- Our mission is to become the recognized leader in petroleum products retailing in Nigeria through the provision of unrivaled customer services.
- Our mission is to provide professional auto repair, maintenance services and other auto repair related services in a one-stop location.
- To operate chains of petrol stations with state of the art facility and latest technology in major cities around the country.
- To create a service-based company whose goal is to exceed customer’s expectations.
- To increase the number of clients served by at least 20% per year through superior performance and word-of-mouth referrals.
- Achieve healthy earnings in the first year of operation.
- Maintain a midrange gross margin throughout the first 3 years of operation.
- To develop a sustainable start-up business, contributing to increased employment of community residents.
Keys to Success
- Expedient and convenient petroleum product retailing service.
- Growing and maintaining a referral network of large companies, government parastatal and corporate companies with considerable fleets of cars.
- A wide range of auto parts inventory that is (nearly) never out of stock.
- Building and maintaining strategic alliances with car distributors and other industry related business partners;
- Adopting a customer- and market-focused sales and marketing paradigm; and,
- Managing the business by implementing, and consistently measuring and adjusting the fundamentals to ensure our processes ensures the desired results.
- Outstanding customer service.
Products and Services
PATILAD Petrol Station products includes:
- Petrol (Petroleum Motor Spirit; PMS)
- Diesel (Automotive Gas Oil; AGO)
- Kerosene (Dual Purpose Kerosene; DPK)
- Cooking Gas (Liquefied Natural Gas; LNG)
- Lubricant Oil, Steering oil, Break fluids, etc.
Our services includes:
- Automotive services (e.g. car washes and general parts)
- Providing automotive repair services
- Providing wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing and vulcanizing services
Nigeria is, arguably, the biggest consumer of oil products in Africa with about 40 million liters said to be consumed every day. All the millions of cars and trucks on the Nigerian roads run on PMS or AGO (petrol or diesel) every day. Almost every home in Nigeria have Generator that work sometimes all day to power our homes, and most of these millions of generators used in Nigeria run on petrol and diesel.
The Factories, Businesses, Schools, Hospitals, in fact everything in Nigeria depends of power generated privately from petroleum products consuming sets. And all these oil products are dispensed almost 100% through Petrol Filling Stations. Going forward, disposable income levels are expected to continue to grow, encouraging some consumers to spend more daily on petroleum products to power their automobiles.
Before starting our Petrol Station business in Dutse Abuja, we conducted a market survey and feasibility studies and we are certain that there is a wide range of both corporate and individual clients who would need the services of Petrol Station business especially haulage companies and transport companies in our chosen location. The main advantage of this is that we will be able to sell considerable volume on time.
Our competitors include;
Our Competitive Edge
PATILAD Petrol Station will succeed by offering its customers high-quality, rapid, and convenient petrol sale services. We see ourselves as been in the service industry seeing that there is no significant difference in the products and prices of what we are selling. Predominantly, PATILAD Petrol Station will succeed by ensuring a full range of customer support service which will include all year round availability of quality petroleum products, clear and consistent information to our customers on activities in and around our petrol station, after-sales services including free car wash, customer loyalty program, provision of automotive repair services including wheel alignment, wheel balancing and vulcanizing services, sales of vehicle spare parts, etc.
Igbokwe Ifeanyichukwu – Ifeanyichukwu is the owner of PATILAD Petrol Station, first class business man of over twenty years’ experience. NSE Certified Master Technician, A1 Engine Repair, A2 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Repair, A3 Manual Transmission and Axles, A4 Suspension And Steering, A5 Brake Systems, A6 Electrical And Electronic Systems, A7 Heating And Air Conditioning, A8 Engine Performance, L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist, C1 Service Consultant, P2 Automobile Parts Specialist
OYEBADE Adejumobi Ademola – Demola is a graduate of mechanical engineering from University of Lagos, who has been professionally working on cars for 10+ years. He has 2 ASE Certifications in Steering/Suspension and Brakes, and a MACS Certification in A/C. He is our chief technical director.
Mr Dayo Adetiloye – (B. Agric., MBA, and PMP): He has over 15 years’ experience in business management, business start-up dynamics, financial management of business and overall business growth and development. He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan Atlantic University (PAU). He is our business development strategist and a strategic partner.
We brought to the business:
- Educational skill and practical experience in the Auto Repair business.
- Capacity to consistently provide high quality services all year round.
- Valuable processing skills that makes us own the value chain to a good extent.
- Quality processed product and good understanding of the market trend especially as it is affected by seasons.
- Our staff brings operational, marketing and promotional skills to the business.
PATILAD Petrol Station seeks N40 million in long-term financing to cover start-up costs, equipment, building expenses, and working capital.
Funding for the launch of the business is provided primarily by equity from the partners and investors.
Our market survey and research shows that PATILAD Petrol Station holds the promise of reaching positive cash flow in its 7th month of operation. The advantage of this, is the provision it makes for accelerated repayment of its loan obligations, as well as for dividends to be paid to the owners.
Revenue is expected to amount to N12,984,326 and profit N3,592,736 in our first year of operation.
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ for SME Loop.
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by DayoHub (see all)
- World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020 (Paid Internship) - December 11, 2019
- Guide For Starting A Finance Business In Nigeria - December 3, 2019
- 25 Thriving Opportunities In Oil And Gas Industry in Nigeria - December 3, 2019