Executive Summary of Rice Retailing Business Plan in Nigeria.
PATILAD Rice is a start-up Rice distribution, retailing and marketing firm where we make quality and affordable edible polished rice available to the retail market. Our goal is to become the number one stop store for accessing high quality and superior brand local rice to consumers in North Central Nigeria with effective coverage of all the 6 states in the region. We are located in Lafia, Nassarawa state.
PATILAD Rice is established as a limited liability company owned by Dayo Adetiloye, Kemi Awe, and other investors. The business is managed and directed by Dayo Adetiloye, a veteran in the agric. industry with 8 years’ experience and Kemi Awe, an experienced Agro-allied specialist with over 15 years’ experience.
To be among the first 3 largest Rice in North Central Nigeria by 2020.
- All year round availability of quality brands of locally produced rice
- Swift delivery service, favorable discounts.
- Well organized network chains of distribution in major cities in North central Nigeria and beyond.
- To give our customer the very best product and customer service so that we may earn your trust and future business.
- To provide an excellent, top-notch and inviting environment for rice processing, wholesaling and retailing.
- Increase revenue from the sales rice to N30,000,000 over 2 years
- To maintain profit margins at 20-25% through close attention to expenses and cost of rice production
- To drive awareness and build sales through mentions in both local print and digital media.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Low operating cost
- Having a good retail location in a high-shopping area
Products and Service
PATILAD Rice will sell packaged locally produced edible polished rice. We produce, process and package to meet the requirements of standard organization of Nigeria and international standard.
Nigeria, most populous black nation on earth presently consumes about 5 million MT of polished rice annually and about 36% of the rice consumed in Nigeria are imported.
According to the statistics from the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), 1.8 million metric tons (MT) of polished rice valued at N660 billion was imported into the country in 2014 alone. Apart from the stiff competition imported rice pose to locally produced rice, they have lower quality and pose serious health hazards. However, the government bane on the import of rice provides incentive for increased production to farmers, mill operators marketers, transporters and other stakeholder within the Rice Industry.
PATILAD Rice is set up to bridge the gap with the enormous local production in the village through the provision of packaging, distribution and retailing services to these rice producers cum millers.
Competitors for PATILAD Rice are Choice Farms, Best Foods Global, Meat World Foods, Chi Farms, Obasanjo Farms. PATILAD Rice will establish its competitive edge through the expertise of its founders.
He has 10 years’ experience in Rice Retailing Business and has a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture from Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife. He has master in business administration MBA from same school. I will be in charge of strategy planning for the business. He is the CEO of the Business.
He has been in the rice business for over 25 years. He has worked with 3 major rice distribution company in North Central of Nigeria. He as attended more than 7 training and organized workshops where he learnt advance Rice Retailing operations. He will co-manage the firm with Dayo
We will manage the business to profitability by strategic production, marketing and sales. We will provide quality assurance in the business by always upgrade our product and services to the taste of time. We will ensure proficiency by employing more people with production, marketing
PATILAD Rice seeks N10 million in long-term financing to cover start-up costs, equipment, building expenses, and working capital. Funding for the launch of the business is provided primarily by equity from the partners and investors.
The business will reach positive cash flow in its 10th month of operation, allowing for expedited repayment of its loan obligations, as well as for dividends to the owners. 1st year estimated revenue will top N84,400,000 with gross margin of N34,500,000
- Nigerian Oil and Gas Technology Hackathon 2020 - July 8, 2020
- MFB Global Agriculture Development Program (Cohort 4) - June 29, 2020
- Access Bank Womenpreneur Pitch-A-ton Africa 2020 - June 29, 2020