Online learning is growing in popularity. The coming of the internet has made the world a global village. With your click from your very mouse from where so ever you are, you can access information from any location in the world at premium speed. What then is learning online? Online learning is a way of studying for an internationally recognized qualifications without needing to attend classes on campus. Learning online is a type of learning which you engage yourself in without having to go to a class room to meet a teacher. You can study from home or at work wherever the choice of place you make whenever you like and within a given time frame if the scheduled program requires you to.
1.Decreased material costs. Online learning definitely reduces the amount of cash you would have had to spend in purchasing materials for the course if you were to learn in a traditional university. In most online courses, you will be sent the course content with the needed necessary materials.
All that is required from you to do is to download and save the file in a folder that you can easily access whenever you need the material
2.Improved or Better Personal Performance: Unlike the traditional universities, lecture times that are fixed are not adjustable. It doesn’t put into consideration whether you are at best to assimilate at that point in time.
Online learning gives you the privilege to choose the time that is most convenient for you. You then access the course website at the time that is most convenient for you. Although, some live learning events requires you to align your time schedule to the fixed time for the class.
3.Improved Retention: With the availability of multimedia you can have a very rich learning experience that is repeatable. You can record what you are learning if it is live coaching. This you can save and revisit over and over again to have full understanding of any point you are not clear on.
More also, most of these lectures come in audio-visuals that are better to be assimilated than the traditional books used in offline courses.
4.Well-recognized Certification: Certification obtained from learning online from a known citadel of learning is duly recognized by most firms you are targeting or that you are already employed in! these certifications usually carry the same weight as those obtained from offline courses. You should know that online courses are well accepted on resume! It doesn’t matter the traditional university you attended, an online program will always bridge the gap and make your curriculum vitae stand out!
It will show potential employers that you are committed to learning and also eager to obtain more knowledge and skills. Employers or hiring manager doesn’t discriminate online degree from traditional university degree. The employers learn online too! Obtaining an online degree from a reputable university will boost your career with the speed of light! This will make you a better candidate for a job position or promotion or for personal upgrading if you are currently employed.
5. Online learning provides a “Self-paced Learning”. This is a system of learning that does not require attending live sessions. You can access materials at any time that is suitable for you. If you are employed and need to be at work during the day, you can schedule your online studying time for the night.
Self-paced learning implies that you can complete the requirement for the study at any given time. Unlike when you enrol in a traditional university program, where you have to attend classes in person. This may jeopardize your job or hinder the quality of time you spend with your loved ones. This alone sometimes discourage parents or an employed individual’s dream of obtaining a higher degree. This is an advantage that the traditional education system cannot offer that present that learning online does.
6. Low-cost learning: Finally, online learning usually come at very low cost. The fact that online programs are cheaper when compared to the ones of traditional campus settings is a good advantage for anyone seeking to advance in his/her personal and professional life. Online courses and degree programs are
convenient and cheaper when compared to those in traditional universities.
7. Convenience Learning: Perhaps the most amazing thing about online learning is that you can learn in a very relaxed state of mind even if you don’t have the intention of being certified. All what you need is passion, enthusiasm and basic use of the internet to keep you pushing till you are done with the program.
Employers consider learning to be a normal part of an employee’s life and also personal life as well. Hence, learning to secure a job as well as learning to acquire knowledge or skills should not be neglected.
With the recent advancement in technology, this is just one of the many benefits you can get from the use of internet. You can add more qualifications to your curriculum vitae than you already have by engaging in an online course. This you can complete in weeks or months after which you seat for the examination at the comfort of your home. Many professional courses or skilled courses can be enrolled for and classes attended online too.
Online learning is a great opportunity that you can take advantage of. It is good to discover how to learn using all available means of communication and choosing the one that best suits your personal lifestyle at any period of time. So, leverage on learning online today for it is embedded with numerous benefits!
Written by Ikpoba Cosmos Daniel
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional
- Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer sponsored by US Consulate Lagos
- Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- GROUNDNUT FARMING AND PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA - April 17, 2018
- Job Opportunities and Other Grants at Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub - April 16, 2018
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING SERVICE BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA - April 15, 2018