Standard Chartered Women In Tech Incubator Program (Fully Funded)
Application Portal Now Open.
This program aims to support female entrepreneurship, aligning with calls for more diversity in tech and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership expertise.
The purpose of the Women in Tech Incubator in Nigeria is to provide incubation support designed to target early-to-mid stage professionals from technology and business sectors – females who are most likely to have the requisite domain knowledge, experience, and perseverance to deliver results.
As a Bank in Nigeria, we have been focusing on education for young women for many years through platforms like GOAL<https://www.sc.com/en/explore-our-world/empowering-girls-must/>.
Globally we have invested in more women entrepreneurs focusing on technology with the first initiative being launched in New York in October 2014 and the second one launched in Kenya in September 2017.
We also recently launched in Pakistan and now Nigeria, with the aspiration to launch more tech incubator and accelerator programs for women within Africa and the Middle East region in the coming years.
WITI is seeking to recruit women-led start-up businesses that leverage technology as a key driver of innovation. The business:
- Must be women-led start-up businesses that leverage technology needs of the county
- Must be based in Nigeria, and should be aligned with the needs of the country
- Must sustainable and scalable
- Must be properly aligned with the UN’s sustainable development goals.
- Should have been in operation for a minimum of 12 months
- Should be seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development
- Should have evidence of pre-revenue traction (users). Although post revenue is preferable.
- The principal founder must be a Nigerian woman between the ages of 18 and 35
- Should be able to provide all company registration documents including Certificate of Corporation, to confirm authenticity of the business
For applicants with business ideas:
- An innovative idea that leverages web or mobile technology to solve a problem/issue
- The idea must improve on an existing process/solution or be completely new i.e. hasn’t been done locally.
- Adequately researched problem with a clear picture of the target segment it affects
- The team should have skills to build the solution (or have access to technical skills)
- Full-time commitment for 6 months spent building the solution and conduct market validation to understand your potential users.
For more info visit SC Women In Tech Incubator
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- Female Founders Accelerator 2019 for Female Entrepreneurs (250k Prize) - October 21, 2019
- Atlas Corps Fellowship 2020 for The World’s Top Social Change Leaders (Fully Funded to United States) - October 21, 2019
- Yale Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2020 (Fully Funded to Yale University, USA) - October 17, 2019