SUGARCANE FARMING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Sugarcane Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
This sample Sugar Cane Farming Business Plan In Nigeria can be used for Grant Applications, Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Note, Competitions etc. Sugar Cane Farming Business Plan is a lucrative business that needs a lot of strategic Planning to start and a business coach like Dayo Adetiloye to help you start the Implementation.
Business Description of PATILAD Sugarcane Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
Business: Sugarcane Farming
As man cannot do without sugar in a day, it’s needless to say how important sugar is to our diet. PATILAD Sugarcane Farm is a budding farm with a drive to play a strategic role in contributing to economic growth of Nigeria, with over 50 hectares of farm land dedicated to sugarcane farming in Nasarrawa. We have spent over N7million in land preparation and planting, we have also recruited experienced labourers as well as professionals for the farm business. We are currently going into cultivating and selling our farm produce, but our future plan is to play a major role in all the chain that is involved in production from sugarcane into sugar, juice, and ethanol.
The exchange rate having increased has caused a lot of disruption in our economy which greatly increased the price of every food that has sugar as part of the ingredient. The tropic climate that is predominantly hot and humid at the equator results in the viability of the sugarcane plantation and with scientific breakthroughs that guarantees us of pure breed sugarcane farming in Nigeria.
Nigeria must grow a lot more sugarcane and reduce the national, economic and political risks from depending on other nations for sugar. Today, we are reviving hope for Nigeria to produce its own sugar and contribute to freeing the nation from decades of dependence on imported sugar.
The minister explained that a silent revolution is now happening on sugarcane farms all across Northern Nigeria. To drive the country towards self-sufficiency in integrated sugar production, conserve foreign exchange and create jobs for thousands of Nigerians, the federal government in 2013 signed agreements with the sugar production companies which import sugar to meet the nation’s demand. As reported by daily news, to revamp the sector, the Federal Government has initiated incentives for an enabling environment for investors. Among the incentives are zero per cent duty on machinery and spare parts by companies, as well as 10 per cent import duty and 50 per cent levy on imported raw sugar. There is equally a 20 per cent duty and 60 per cent levy on imported refined sugar.The government has also begun a credit support scheme for sugarcane growers through the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and commercial banks; in addition to provision of infrastructure, such as access roads, boreholes, power lines, land acquisition, and health care facilities for new sugar estates.
To reinforce its commitment, it has banned refined sugar in retail-ready packets into the country.
According to industry watchers, privatisation of sugar estates has improved the subsector; it is now better managed. This, to them, can be attributed to the Nigerian Sugar Master Plan (NSMP) and the National Sugar Development Council.
But the challenge remains evolving strategies to meet the demands of about 168 million consumers and prevent huge spending on imports.
Our intention in PATILAD Sugarcane farm is to position ourselves strategically to contribute to the local demand for affordable sugar, and sugarcane by-products. We aim to produce at least 2,000,000 sugarcane plants on our farm within the first 2years, and by the fifth year we aim to start our first phase of sugar production, and its by-products. Our target markets are local sugar refineries that are overly in demand of the most essential raw materials in sugar production-sugarcane.
Products & Services
Fully matured healthy sugarcane farming and processing
We currently aim to supply sugar cane to sugar refineries, pharmaceutical companies, and energy/power industries.
The benefits of our products and services are
- The cultivation of fresh, nutritional produce, void of harmful chemical like pesticides and preservatives
- Capacity to produce healthy sugarcanes
- Fresh, highly hygienic and well-packaged pure sugar cane juice
- The provision of high quality
- Excellent customer care services
- Fair and competitive prices
Beyond just a science or profession, agriculture is an enterprise I had invested the most of my time as an individual. As a way of practice, I have also devoted the most of my time and resources to managing and expanding my family’s little farmstead into a commercial outfit. These experiences have fortified my knowledge and resilience for this chosen profession and I am sure the lessons of yesteryears will prove of immense value. My first degree in Agriculture from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, will also be of great benefit to the growth of this new enterprise. Moreover, there is an insatiable online community seeking for reliable, new and updated information every day.
Objective for Patilad Sugarcane Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
- To cultivate, that is demanded and can be cultivated in our climate.
- To establish thriving sales relationship with bulk purchaser who market our products.
- To achieve net profit in year one, increasing in year two, by containing costs and meeting sales goals.
- To provide quality sales service and products at fair and best possible prices.
Our Goal & Vision for the Patilad Sugarcane Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
We aim to be amongst the five largest sugar cane farm in Africa
Mission for the Patilad Sugarcane Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
Our mission is to build a company that maximizes the by-products of sugarcane to the benefit of Nigerians and Africa as a whole, creating employment, providing energy and cheap construction materials.
Read Also: Beanscowpea-Farming-Business-Plan-in-Nigeria
Management Team of the Patilad Sugarcane Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
OYEBADE Adejumobi Ademola (B. Agric., MBA) – is highly knowledgeable in the all kind of crop production. He has over 7 years’ experience in providing these products. Moreover he is a graduate of Agriculture from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. He is a Project Management Professional and certified Business Consultant. He will be in-charge of day to day activities of the business.
Mr Dayo Adetiloye (B. Agric., MBA, and PMP) – He has over 15 years’ experience in business management, business start-up dynamics, financial management of business and overall business growth and development. He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan Atlantic University (PAU). He is our business development strategist and a strategic partner.
We brought to the business:
- Educational skill and practical experience in Sugarcane Farming business.
- Capacity to consistently provide high quality nutritional, and highly hygienically cultivated and processed sugarcanes.
- All year round availability of our customers’ choicest information products and professional advice.
- Our staff brings operational, marketing and promotional skills to the business.
Management experience gained for the Patilad Sugarcane Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
With over 7 years’ experience in Agribusiness and numerous exposure to both the scientific and practical aspect of sugarcane farming and its by products, I’ve being able to master the technical requirements, financial management, staff recruitment and organization skills among other things necessary to give the firm good commendation from our clients.
My managerial skills has also helped in putting together a workforce for over 5 years, which will also help me to coordinate the team work in most aspect of the company.
I am the CEO of the company overseeing the day to day activities of the business.
Materials and Machine for Patilad Sugarcane Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
Hectares of land, , pruning equipment, hoes, combined harvester, temperature meter, hand gloves, filters, water treatment devices, tractor for carrying stuffs, drying machine for preservation, Backwash facilities, Outdoor growing areas, tractors, harvesters, manure composting facility, Business office building which includes sales area, reception, office equipment etc.
Competitor Analysis for Patilad Sugarcane Farming Business Plan In Nigeria
People buy from us because of the following reasons:
- High quality, nutritional, and farm certified products
- Capacity to produce metric tonnes of sugarcane twice a year.
- Disease and pest free sugarcane farm through advance technology
- Excellent customer care services
- Fair and best possible prices and discount offers
Our three major competitive advantages are:
- Provision of high quality, nutritional, and farm certified sugarcanes
- All year round availability of our produce
- Fair and best possible prices and discount offers
For the remaining part of this business Plan, including the detailed financial analysis, call any of our business plan consultants on 08105636015 or 08076359735 or send me an email at email@example.com.
We help institutions and organizations to write concepts and implement Business Plan and also train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, strong and winning business Plan for any use.
Call any of our business plan consultants on: 08105636015, 08076359735
or Send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to access my free E-book and newsletter on Grants opportunities in Nigeria and other business opportunities and information to help you discover, develop and fulfil your business potential
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ for SME Loop.
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- Executive Summary of Hair Salon Business Plan in Nigeria - October 19, 2018
- E-BOOK: How to Recruit and Get to the Top Fast in any Network Marketing Business - October 13, 2018
- E-Book: HOW TO REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS NAME WITH CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION ON YOUR OWN - October 12, 2018