UBA Foundation’s National Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian Students (₦2 Million in Prizes)
Application Closes: 4th November, 2019.
UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has commenced the 2019 edition of its annual National Essay Competition in Nigeria with a call for entries.
Now in its 9th year, the essay competition, targeted at senior secondary school students in Nigeria is organised annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
UBA Foundation, the CRS arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC, announces the commencement of the 2019 edition of the National Essay Competition (NEC) for Senior Secondary school students in Nigeria The NEC provides a competitive platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities of Senior Secondary School students in Nigeria. Winners get educational grants to study in any African University of their choice.
What Do You Think The Government Should Do To Control Fraud In Nigeria
Prizes to Be Won
- 1st Prize: N2,000,000 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/ fees
- 2nd Prize: N1,500,000 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/ fees
- 3rd Prize: N1,000,000 or its local currency equivalent towards university tuition/ fees
The Rules and Procedures
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or photocopies of international passport data page
- Applicants must be Senior Secondary school students living in Nigeria
- Applicants should send in handwritten essay entries of not more than 750 words on the competition topic
- Applicants must submit their complete contact information (School name and address, residential address, phone number and email address)
- The educational grant in only applicable to students who intend to study in an African University.
- The decision of the judge is final
- Late entries will not be accepted
Judge: The panel of judges are made up of Professors from reputable Nigerian Universities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Entries to:
UBA House, 57 Marina,
Applications can also be sent to any UBA Office in Nigeria
For more info visit UBA National Essay Competition
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- French Government Challenge of 1,000 for African Entrepreneurs 2020 - November 21, 2019
- Book Review/How to Buy it: The Winning Streak: 40 Proven Secrets on How I Raise Money for my Business and How You Can Do the Same. By Mene Blessing. - November 20, 2019
- Apply for Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 (Fully Funded to UK) - November 20, 2019