Vacancy Announcement: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
PP Nala Energy Ltd is looking to hire a Chief Technical Officer (CTO) in Ijebu Ode LGA, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Title: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
- Organization: Technical Department
- Job Posting: 2018-11-26
- Closing Date: 2019-01-26
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Period: 5 years
- Probation Period: 1 Year
- Age: 30-35
The CTO participates in commissioning and operations of the gasification plant in Nigeria and manages a team
of technical staff, including mechanical and electrical engineers and support staff. The CTO may also be
involved in commissioning other PP Energy power plants in other countries. The plant operations staff will
work in 4 teams and three 8-hr shifts to provide 24/7 coverage. The final rotational plan will be designed by
the CTO to meet local labour laws, and will incorporate shifts and days off. The operation concept is based
on central control room with a modern control system for all normal plant operations. The total number of
operations staff will be 21.
Required Education /Qualifications
- MSc in Mechanical (preferred) or Electrical Engineering
- Advanced training education in administration (would be a plus)
- Strong vocational experience in the mechanic or electric field
- Computer skills:
o Microsoft Office (Word, Advanced Excel skills, E-Mail), Internet (for sourcing and
procurement), Microsoft Project (would be a plus but not a must)
- Driving license
- Minimum 5-8 years experience
- Technical background, preferably in a thermal power plant or thermal related industry
- Experience with Instrumentation and Control Systems (ICT)
- Experience working with a major Nigerian industrial company
- Administrative work like logbooks, inventory, personnel planning
- Staff leading role as team leader, shift leader, dept. manager etc.
Commissioning of the gasification power plant in Ijebu Ode LGA is expected to start in the Q4 2020. In
preparation for commissioning the plant, PP Energy is looking to hire a CTO and to train him/her in all aspects
of operations and management of the DFB gasification plant to ensure knowledge transfer for safe and effective
operation of the plant. Training will include travel abroad to Austria and/or Thailand for up to 1.5 years to
gain theoretical and hands-on knowledge and experience in plant operations and management.
PP Energy offers an attractive remuneration package including monthly salary, benefits, health and accident
insurance in accordance with Nigerian Labor Laws. The contract may be renewed upon satisfactory work of
Please send in your Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.