WHEAT FARMING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Wheat Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
This sample Wheat Farming Business Plan In Nigeria can be used for Grant Applications, Bank Loans, Proposal writing, Business Concept Note, Competitions etc. Wheat Farming Business Plan is a lucrative business that needs a lot of strategic Planning to start and a business coach like Dayo Adetiloye to help you start the Implementation.
Business Description of PATILAD Wheat Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
Business: Wheat Farming
PATILAD Wheat Farm is a budding wheat farm with a drive to play a strategic role in reducing the volume of metric tonnes of wheat imported into Nigeria annually. We are based in Nasarrawa Nigeria, with a 10 hectare land dedicated to wheat farming. As man cannot do without flour in a day, it’s needless to say how important wheat is to our diet. The exchange rate having increased has caused a lot of disruption in our economy which greatly increased the price of every food that has wheat/wheat flour as part of the ingredient. The tropic climate that is predominantly hot at the north of the equator results in the unviability of the wheat seed, but things have changed for good, with scientific breakthroughs that guarantees us of pure breed wheat farming in Nigeria. As Nigeria’s agriculture minister reports recently that Nigeria has finally broken the wheat jinx, as we now have improved wheat seeds that can withstand high temperatures and thrive in Sub-Sahara African soil.
Wheat import is about 4 million MT per annum and estimated to grow at an alarming rate of 5% per annum. At this rate, the country will be importing 10 million MT of wheat annually by 2030, spending US$15 billion on wheat imports alone. Such over-dependence on imported wheat will pose significant risks to Nigeria’s future growth. Nigeria must grow a lot more of its own wheat and reduce the national, economic and political risks from depending on other nations for our food supply. Today, we are reviving hope for Nigeria to produce its own wheat and free itself from decades of dependence on imported wheat.
The minister explained that a silent revolution is now happening on wheat farms all across Northern Nigeria. The target of the wheat transformation is to increase national production from 300,000 metric tons to about 1.5 million metric tons per annum by 2017. The wheat transformation agenda will generate one million jobs in the rural areas of Nigeria over the next four years of the program and generate over N42 Billion in incomes annually for farmers and millers. This news triggered PATILAD Wheat farm, which has harvested its first yield of five metric tonne and seeking some investment to raise a Silo and processing machine at a cost of N30,000,000 needed for preservation of grains and also processing for the next harvest, which we estimated to be almost twice our first harvest.
Products & Services
Hard brown wheat farming and processing: the wheat grains will be harvested, dried, processed and packaged.
We would also have Silos to store other harvested grains for other farmers.
We also process and package for other farmers.
We also planned to go into sorghum farming in a year’s time.
The benefits of our products and services are
- The cultivation of fresh, nutritional produce, void of harmful chemical like pesticides and preservatives
- All year round availability of our customers’ choicest pure grain whole wheat.
- Fresh, highly hygienic and well-packaged pure wheat grains
- The provision of high quality wheat grains and processed wheat into wheat-flour
- Excellent customer care services
- Fair and competitive prices
Beyond just a science or profession, agriculture is an enterprise I had invested the most of my time as an individual. As a way of practice, I have also devoted the most of my time and resources to managing and expanding my family’s little farmstead into a commercial outfit. These experiences have fortified my knowledge and resilience for this chosen profession and I am sure the lessons of yesteryears will prove of immense value. My first degree in Agriculture from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, will also be of great benefit to the growth of this new enterprise. Moreover, there is an insatiable online community seeking for reliable, new and updated information every day.
Objective for Patilad Wheat Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
- To cultivate, that is demanded and can be cultivated in our climate.
- To establish thriving sales relationship with bulk purchaser who market our products.
- To achieve net profit in year one, increasing in year two, by containing costs and meeting sales goals.
- To provide quality sales service and products at fair and best possible prices.
Our Goal & Vision for the Patilad Wheat Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
Our Vision is to become one of the leading commercial wheat, and sorghum farms, processing and packing brand not only in Nigeria but Africa as a whole.
Mission for the Patilad Wheat Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
To be a world class farm that is in business to cultivate organic, non – organic and processed wheat, for both the Nigeria and the international market. We want our well – cultivated, processed and packaged wheat, and sorghum to flood every nooks and crannies of Nigeria and other countries of the world.
Management Team of the Patilad Wheat Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
OYEBADE Adejumobi Ademola (B. Agric., MBA) – is highly knowledgeable in the all kind of crop production. He has over 7 years’ experience in providing these products. Moreover he is a graduate of Agriculture from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. He is a Project Management Professional and certified Business Consultant. He will be in-charge of day to day activities of the business.
Mr Dayo Adetiloye (B. Agric., MBA, and PMP) – He has over 15 years’ experience in business management, business start-up dynamics, financial management of business and overall business growth and development. He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan Atlantic University (PAU). He is our business development strategist and a strategic partner.
We brought to the business:
- Educational skill and practical experience in Wheat Farming business.
- Capacity to consistently provide high quality nutritional, and highly hygienically cultivated and processed wheat grains.
- All year round availability of our customers’ choicest information products and professional advice.
- Our staff brings operational, marketing and promotional skills to the business.
Management experience gained for the Patilad Wheat Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
With over 7 years’ experience in Agribusiness and numerous exposure to both the scientific and practical aspect of organic farm and its uses, I’ve being able to master the technical requirements, financial management, staff recruitment and organization skills among other things necessary to give the firm good commendation from our clients.
My managerial skills has also helped in putting together a workforce for over 5 years, which will also help me to coordinate the team work in most aspect of the company.
I am the CEO of the company overseeing the day to day activities of the business.
Materials and Machine for Patilad Wheat Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
Hectares of land, silos for preservation, pruning equipment, seed trays, hoes, combined harvester, temperature meter, packaging nylons, vacuum sealing machine, hand gloves, filters, water treatment devices, tractor for carrying stuffs, drying machine for preservation, Backwash facilities, Outdoor growing areas, manure composting facility, Business office building which includes sales area, reception, office equipment etc.
Competitor Analysis for Patilad Wheat Farming Business Plan In Nigeria
People buy from us because of the following reasons:
- High quality, nutritional, and farm certified products
- All year round availability of our customers’ choicest whole wheat farm in a large capacity volume
- Fresh and highly hygienic and well-packaged wheat
- Excellent customer care services
- Fair and best possible prices and discount offers
Our three major competitive advantages are:
- Provision of high quality, nutritional, and farm certified products
- All year round availability of our produce
- Fair and best possible prices and discount offers
For the remaining part of this business Plan, including the detailed financial analysis, call me on 08105636015 or 08076359735 or send me an email at email@example.com.
We help institutions and organizations to write concepts and implement Business Plan and also train on business Plan writing in Nigeria.
We can help you write a detailed, strong and winning business Plan for any use.
Call me on: 08105636015, 08076359735
or Send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to access my free E-book and newsletter on Grants opportunities in Nigeria and other business opportunities and information to help you discover, develop and fulfil your business potential
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- Lagos Seminar: Attend Fund Raising Master Class for Entrepreneurs, Social entrepreneurs, NGO Workers. Price N30,000 Date: Sat June 2, 2018 - May 23, 2018
- Apply for Global Good Fund and Access $10,000 Leadership Development Grant, Closes on June 30, 2018. - May 23, 2018
- Propreneurs Network Marketing Services in Nigeria - May 22, 2018