Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) 2020/21 Scholarships (Fully Funded)
Application Closes: Monday September 23, 2019.
Every year,Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
To achieve the goal of being a catalyst for public sector transformation, AIG will every year, for five years starting in 2017, fund five scholarships for outstanding West Africans from all backgrounds who are passionate about the public sector, to pursue the Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government , University of Oxford. Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will be expected to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarships are fully funded covering fees, accommodation and living expenses, does not cover travel or visa expenses however.
The AIG Scholarships are targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35 with strong intellectual capability, outstanding academic achievements, leadership skills and a passion to contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector.
To be eligible for consideration for the award of an AIG Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35 years (must not be 36 years old by December 31, 2019)
- Have a first-class or second-class upper undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Be preferably top 10% of graduating class (First, Second or Master’s Degree) – evidence to be provided
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership and resultant impact
- Show skills and interests outside of academics (evidence to be provided)
Please note that:
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are key priorities for selection.
- In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, a Master’s, second degree or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
- Applications sent via post or in person are NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
Application Window is now open – APPLY HERE
For more info visit AIG-Scholarships
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- Female Founders Accelerator 2019 for Female Entrepreneurs (250k Prize) - October 21, 2019
- Atlas Corps Fellowship 2020 for The World’s Top Social Change Leaders (Fully Funded to United States) - October 21, 2019
- Yale Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2020 (Fully Funded to Yale University, USA) - October 17, 2019