Sozo Youth In Development (YID) Boot Camps and Fellowship 2019
Deadline: 8th August, 2019.
Sozo Networks is a non- profit organization known for promoting the participation of young people in leadership and sustainable development. We help young people develop competence for active community engagement and leadership. Hence, the Sozo YID fellowship will develop capacity of young people running NGO’s, Social Enterprises and Community Based Initiative through capacity development boot camps in four states in Nigeria.
The Youths in Development Boot Camps and Fellowship programs is brought to you by the Sozo Networks and sponsored by the United States Embassy, Abuja. This program is targeted at young Nigerian change-makers in the social enterprise, entrepreneurship and nonprofit sectors. It is designed to provide them with the knowledge, skills and networks required to effectively lead sustainable community development initiatives through a 4-day non-residential boot camp, continuous supports, mentorship & funding opportunities. In 2019, the program will provide 200 outstanding young leaders from across Nigeria with the opportunity to hone their skills in advocacy, strategic planning, fundraising and Networking. The participants will then be supervised to step down the training to 2000 young leaders in their communities. Out of the 200 participants in the boot camps, 20 Fellows will be shortlisted. These Fellows will be provided with exclusive mentoring, strategy sessions, partnerships and funding opportunities. The Sozo Networks team and mentors will work with them for a period of 3 months to strengthen and improve their organizational performances.
Generally, the 200 participants of the boot camps will hone their skills and acquire skills and knowledge from industry experts on how to lead sustainable social change through the 4-day boot camps. They will have access to the Sozo Networks’ strategic planning and leadership development toolkit. They will become a part of the Sozo Networks’ formidable network.
Based on exceptional performance during the boot camp, 20 participants will participate in a 3-month professional development experience where they will enjoy the following:
- Exclusive mentorship.
- Personal strategy sessions.
- Access to funding opportunities.
- Access to diaspora peer collaborators.
- Exclusive networking opportunities.
- Funds to implement community development project.
1. Be between the ages of 18-35 on or before the application deadline.
2. Be a Nigerian citizen.
3. Be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
4. Never attended a Fellowship program.
5. Will be available to attend a 4-day boot camp in Sokoto, Delta, Lagos or Abuja on the last week of August, 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received and will close on the 8th August 2019.
- Upon final reviews and verification, 200 participants will be long-listed to attend the 4-day boot camp in their preferred location.
- 20 Fellows would be shortlisted during the boot camps for continued professional development experience and Mentorship.
For more info visit SOZONETWORKS
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- Female Founders Accelerator 2019 for Female Entrepreneurs (250k Prize) - October 21, 2019
- Atlas Corps Fellowship 2020 for The World’s Top Social Change Leaders (Fully Funded to United States) - October 21, 2019
- Yale Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2020 (Fully Funded to Yale University, USA) - October 17, 2019