Apply for UNFPA Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program 2019 – Ghana
Deadline: September 23, 2019.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has the mission to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
In line with the United Nations’ Youth Strategy which calls on all UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program. The YoLe Fellowship Program is also aligned to the priority areas of the 2010 Ghana National Youth Policy, which include skills training in ICT, gender mainstreaming, networking and partnership, mentoring and reproductive health and rights for young people.
Do you have a passion to make a difference in your community?
Are you aged between 18 – 26 years? Are you a graduate of a Ghanaian Tertiary Institution?
If yes, then the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) invites you to apply for the second edition of the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program! The YoLe Fellowship is a yearlong program (1st November 2019 to 28th October 2020) designed to integrate young people into the UN system by empowering them on UNFPA’s areas of interest, while providing the Fellows with opportunities for professional development and training in driving health-innovation.
Interested persons must:
- be a graduate of a Ghanaian tertiary institution between the ages of 18 and 26
- demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate. (see http://www.unfpa.org/about-us)
- commit one year to being a UNFPA Youth Leaders Fellow
- be proactive and possess strong inter-personal skills
- possess a working knowledge of English—an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
Selection will be based on demonstrated activism or interest in the advancement of the rights of youth, a desire to network with others, and a clear explanation of how the fellowship will benefit their own efforts for advancing human rights as defined by UNFPA’s mandate.
*The YoLe Fellows are expected to work full-time at the UNFPA Ghana Country Office in Accra, Ghana. Fellows may not be otherwise engaged during the fellowship.
Interested applicants should submit:
- A statement, not more than one page, explaining their professional goals and ambitions
All application materials should be sent to email@example.com no later than 23rd September, 2019. . Please use Subject Line: UNFPA/YLFP/20I9.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and invited for further interviews/assessments.
For more info visit UNFPA YOLE webpage
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- British Council West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme Abuja - September 12, 2019
- How to buy Norland Anion Sanitary Napkin/PAD in Nigeria - September 11, 2019
- What is ULCER? and How to Cure it with Norland Mebo GI Capsule. - September 11, 2019