Apply for $150,000 Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program 2020
Deadline: October 3, 2019.
The Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design.
The awards will fund one woman per STEM2D discipline who has completed her advanced degree, who is working as an assistant professor (or global equivalent faculty position) and who is not yet tenured at an accredited university, institution or design school. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields. Johnson & Johnson is looking to identify global women leading in both their research fields and leading as mentors, to be a vision for girls and other women in STEM2D.
By offering these awards, Johnson & Johnson hopes to play an influential role in STEM2D breakthroughs in the future.
The Scholars Award is a three-year award in the gross amount of $150,000, which will be paid to the University (the “Recipient”) for the benefit of the Johnson & Johnson Scholar and her research, with the understanding that the Recipient will administer the funds. The Scholars Award will be paid in three (3) installments of U.S. $50,000 per year of the three-year scholarship period, payable in 2020, subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the program’s Agreement.
The following award criteria applies:
You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design (STEM2D).
You must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school.
The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; M.D., Ph.D.
- Technology; Ph.D.
- Engineering; Ph.D.
- Math; M.S., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing; Ph.D.
- Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.
In addition to general contact details and demographics, the scholar applicant is responsible for the provision of documents into the application system, including non-confidential letters of recommendation.
- Submit a university or school department head letter of recommendation (Note: each university / institution can support one applicant per STEM2D discipline; six applicants in total).
- Write 1,000 words detailing your proposed area of research. One additional page can be added for images, or references.
- Submit your resume (three pages, font size 11), including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work and two references.
- Submit a brief outline of your budget for proposed research. (Note: a template is provided if needed.)
For more info visit Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D webpage
Serial Entrepreneur - International Business Planning and Development Consultant - Speaker - Trainer - Author - Blogger - Network Marketing professional.
- 2018 SME Business Trainer and Coaching Advisor at GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) for SME Loop.
- 2018 Executive Director/ Project Manager, Dayo Adetiloye Empowerment and Development Initiative
- 2018 YALI RLC Online Cohort 9
- 2017 Fellow, Inspire Africa Train-the-Trainer Entrepreneurship programme sponsored by US Consulate Lagos and the Dickey Center, U.S.A.
- 2016 Fellow, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
- 2016 CEO, Dayo Adetiloye Business Hub
- 2015 Top 50 Innovative Entrepreneurs, BET5 by Diamond Bank and EDC, PAU.
He is an alumnus of Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University (PAU). And Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Through his training, mentoring, speaking and coaching programmes, he has empowered many young people over the years to start and grow their own business, build wealth, create multiple streams of income and achieve financial independence.
- He is a Certified Trainer in Design Thinking by the U.S Consulate, Lagos and the inspire Africa Entrepreneurship Institute.
Latest posts by Dayo Adetiloye (see all)
- British Council West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme Abuja - September 12, 2019
- How to buy Norland Anion Sanitary Napkin/PAD in Nigeria - September 11, 2019
- What is ULCER? and How to Cure it with Norland Mebo GI Capsule. - September 11, 2019