Table of content
Executive Summary 2
Keys to Success 4
COMPANY SUMMARY 4
Our Services 4
Our Vision Statement 5
Our Mission Statement 5
Our Business Structure 5
MARKET RESEARCH 6
Industry Overview 6
Industry Trend 7
Industry Growth 8
MARKET ANALYSIS 9
Market Segmentation 9
Target Market 9
Market Trend 10
SWOT ANALYSIS 10
Bicfarms Concepts 11
Fresh Direct Nigeria 11
SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY 12
PUBLICITY AND ADVERTISING STRATEGY 12
FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS AND COSTING 13
Generating Funds / Startup Spring 13
Sources Of Income 13
Sales Forecast 13
Payment Options 14
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Food is the most important need of any man, necessary to sustain a person for his daily activities as it is well known that food is converted into energy which the body utilizes for its routine activities. It is not enough to eat food, food must be ensured that it is made with the right methods and healthy ingredients.
In recent times, agriculture has admitted the use of chemicals to enhance the productivity of the farming activities, these processes do not have an immediate effect, the effects are longtime based. This has been a reason for greenhouse and organic farming, it is safe, healthy and without side effects.
The major challenge of food production has been that lands for agriculture are no longer as abundant as they used to be many years ago due to urbanization, everyone wants to have the feeling of civilization and white collar jobs. This has called for an alternative method for farming and agriculture.
PATILAD FARMS – Hydroponics Farms, is a registered and licensed agro-allied company that will be based in Nigeria, we would construct our facility in a large expanse of land in the outskirt of the city. We are into mass production of fruit and vegetables through hydroponics technology. We also have the intention to build our own processing facility, so we could add value to agricultural products and export to other African states and gain the foreign exchange.
Our production facility would also be used by other agricultural firms that want to produce and add value to their products. We have also hired and trained competent staff to deliver a 21st-century hydroponics farm.
We have put in place marketing strategies to ensure that our brand gets a good notoriety, but we also trust in the free marketing our brand will get as a result of good yield and word of mouth from our existing clients.
The industry is a capital intensive one and therefore we will need funding for the startup. We intend to start with personal savings, loans from friends and family and ultimately a financial institution.
- Our main objective is to have a high-quality producing farm which can serve the local and international markets.
- To build a sustainable farming system where only safe methods are practiced.
- To sensitize the public on the importance of taking hydroponics food to the body and the environment.
- To achieve a 23% net profit in the first year and consistently increase the margin.
- To create a hub for training and equipping farmers with the right knowledge and skills to starting out safe practices for farming.
1.2 Keys to Success
- A quick delivery system which cuts across several regions of our target location.
- Our ability to increase the standard of health and quality food production without adverse effect on human and the environment.
- Hygienic and safe production making use of greenhouses and its equipment.