Table of content Page
Executive Summary 4
Business Description 7
Keys to Success 9
Our Services 10
Market Analysis 11
Market Segmentation 11
Pricing Strategy 12
Competitor Analysis 12
Sales and Marketing Plan 13
Distribution Strategy 15
SWOT Analysis 16
PEST Analysis 16
Operational Plan 17
Management plan 20
Financial Plan and Projections 21
The purpose of this business plan is to raise N10,000,000 for the development of an state-of-the-art logistics and haulage business while showcasing the expected financials and operations over the next three years. PATILAD LOGISTICS is a new medium- and long-haul dry van trucking business based in Lagos Nigeria and founded by veteran entrepreneur Dayo Adetiloye. We are committed, honest and quality focused. Our LOGISTICS will serve businesses in Lagos (eventually expanding to include Abuja, Kano, Katsina, Port Harcourt, and Warri) with freight hauling and logistics management services. The business will develop a reputation for its on-time and accurate service as well as sophisticated Web and software functionality, allowing clients to align their business with PATILAD LOGISTICS’ services and scheduling automatically. The business will be managed by Dayo Adetiloye, CEO, and a Chief Operating Officer.
PATILAD LOGISTICS can be launched for about N10,000,000, largely with the investment of Dayo Adetiloye, and with some investment by investing partners. The business will be launched with three 18-wheeler trucks and will expand its operations to utilize eight 18-wheelers by the end of its third year, using auto loans to finance this expansion. Gross margins will be around 60%, allowing for significant profit by the end of the third year as the business scales up.
Beyond three years, the business will seek to expand to additional bases of operation in the Southwest and to add trucks with refrigerated and temperature-controlled trailers. The business will be positioned for sale to a national freight-hauling service seeking to expand to, or add operations in, the entire nation.
Products and Services
PATILAD LOGISTICS will offer the following services for businesses in from Lagos:
- Pick-up and delivery of goods with a minimum per-delivery weight of 9000kg from and to locations in its geographic range by 18-wheeler trucks hauling dry van trailers
- Both “less than a truck load” and “truck load” services
- Online tracking information detailing the location of all GPS-tagged trucks and the status of deliveries, including expected arrival times for pick-up or delivery
- Phone support for all customer questions, delivery changes, and scheduling
- Preferred client services including online accounts, regular schedules of shipping, or linking of client order information directly to PATILAD LOGISTICS’ scheduling software to allow for seamless logistics.
PATILAD LOGISTICS will compete in the market for medium and long haul dry van trucking in Nigeria. This market serves businesses ranging from the packaged goods/grocery industry to the clothing industry to high-tech equipment, as well as commercial relocations.